PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia eating filefish... Gone Rogue

Sense of nature
08/02/2015, 11:16 AM
Just wanted to share my bad experience , so others won't suffer the same losses I did.
Bought 3 Aptasia eating filefish, they did a wonderful job getting rid of the little boogers, However after they cleaned my tank of those, they proceeded to wipe out my entire Zoa collection! I feed very generously & I know it wasn't due to them being hungry .
At first i thought it was Zoa pox, I was dipping & doin W/C like crazy!
Then after not having zoas in my tank for over 8 weeks, I bought a cheapie frag of some green zoas, within 4 hrs the rock was bare!
Right then I knew there was something eating them, so I set up a Nanny Camera & put more bait in the tank, within 5-10 min the filefish were all overt the frag. I removed the frag & began the course of action to remove them, thankfully it wasn't as difficult as I anticipated .
No there's peace & harmony restored in my tank & the slow process to replace the zoas begins.
This was a lesson well learned !!
Happy reefing !

Docdiggy
08/03/2015, 04:48 AM
Yup, I tried one once. He picked at them and then started on a Duncan and acan. Next he was back at the store.

Dmorty217
08/03/2015, 09:53 AM
When the aiptasia runs out they will eat your corals...

snorvich
08/03/2015, 02:13 PM
When the aiptasia runs out they will eat your corals...

And sometimes eat corals instead of aiptasia. :fun2:

Spslvr
08/03/2015, 04:44 PM
mine annihilated my blastomussa garden... I know have a mimic filefish and hes been a model citizen..