PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Spawning?

Clowny88
08/03/2015, 12:09 PM
I have had my snowflake for 8 months, gave her a male companion about 4 months ago. They've done the mating dance, etc. They are always very predictable... Hang off in the corner, go out into the open, doesn't really go onto caves or anything, same stuff every day.

Thursday I added 3 rose RBTA's (may be irrelevant). But this morning I checked on everybody and my female was being a bit strange. I made some slight changes to the rock work in her corner and now she's inspecting them very closely. She even pecked at a piece of algae and was poking around a zoa frag on top... Rubbing on it and peckong at it.

Is she prepping a place to spawn??? Seems so early and I don't want to get overzealous. The male, in the meantime, is still hanging in the corner like he usually does.

shifty51008
08/03/2015, 05:41 PM
Some clowns will clean off an area for eggs but it can also still take a long time for them to lay eggs

Joeb1983
08/06/2015, 12:09 PM
Some clowns will clean off an area for eggs but it can also still take a long time for them to lay eggs

^ One of my mated pairs do this: The female will rub/flick against an area before she lays. The first time I saw this I was concerned of parasites, but all was well in the end. :thumbsup: Its just another "normal" thing now...