PDA

View Full Version : Changing the fittings in Geo 612 calcium reactor

ssdawood
08/03/2015, 04:24 PM
I want to change the fittings on the geo 612 calcium reactor to john guest or mur lok fittings.

Does it use 1/4 inch fittings. This will screw in perfectly with the geo 612 already drilled holes.

Or is there some other size.

Thanks.

slief
08/03/2015, 05:27 PM
It should be 1/4" if I am not mistaken. I changed my Geo 818 to JG style fittings that I picked up at Lowes. Just be sure to use teflon paste and not teflon take for the best seal on those threaded fittings.

ssdawood
08/03/2015, 06:20 PM
Thand slief. So get 1/4 inch john guest and poly tube and I will he all set.

Is john guest and murlock the same.

slief
08/03/2015, 06:58 PM
I think it's 1/4" MNPT to 1/4" John Guest. You should be able to find the correct connectors at Home Depot in the section with the brass threaded pipe fittings. Also, Lowes in the same section as well as Do It Center. Any of those 3 should have the correct fittings. You could bring the fitting you remove and match up the John Guest equivilent. That's where I got mine and they were a couple dollars each so you will save money and time assuming you have one of those stores near you. I'd also suggest getting the little c-clips that lock the john guest fittings closed so they don't leak. They are sold in a pack of 4 or 5.

As for John Guest and Murlock being the same, I don't know. I used Watts brand Quick Lock fittings which are identical to the John Guest style fittings and are available at the above chain stores. These work with standard 1/4" OD tubing that is commonly used on RODI units and is also available at those 3 chain stores.