PDA

View Full Version : Litermeter calibration

pandimus
08/04/2015, 09:47 PM
I plan on running the waste pump on my auto water change about 30 feet to my rodi waste line,would it be safe to do my calibration from that end, before I attach it to a y John guest fitting?

SpectraPure
08/04/2015, 10:47 PM
Pandimus,

You want to calibrate it in its final resting place. Calibrating it any other way will lead to an inaccurate exchange.

Jeremy

pandimus
08/04/2015, 11:37 PM
So where I'm connecting it to the rodi line is about 4 feet from actual drain.should I disconnect at drain and calibrate there or can I calibrate it before I attach it to the y adapter?

SpectraPure
08/05/2015, 12:58 AM
Are you hooking this up directly to your rodi line? If so, we do not want to do that. This takes water from a reservoir to the aquarium, and the slave pump will take water from the aquarium to a drain.

You always want to calibrate it at the end of each line as if it were set up. By hooking up shorter line, calibrating it, and then adding line you will end up with an uneven exchange. You will need a second set up hands to help.

Jeremy

pandimus
08/05/2015, 02:05 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/c2e3828d122f26966ad269ff5c64ce65.jpg

This is for my slave pump from aquarium to drain. Just using same drain line as rodi utilizing fitting in picture.I was going to attach this fitting to rodi and drain,then run line from remote pump to this spot. Calibrate it. Then hook it up to this fitting. But I believe what you are saying is to fully hook up all fittings take my measuring cup to under my sink, unhook drain line from drain and calibrate it there...

SpectraPure
08/05/2015, 03:49 AM
I see an issue with this set up. If the rodi system is on, it could create an issue with the litermeter discharge. I would advise you to get another drain saddle for the litermeter slave pump. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I feel that this is the best for your tank.

Jeremy

pandimus
08/05/2015, 10:24 AM
Thanks, I didn't consider that

SpectraPure
08/05/2015, 10:53 AM
You are welcome. I just want to make sure that you get the best experience that you can! Please let me know if I can help you out in any other way!

Jeremy