PDA

View Full Version : 57 gallon deep blue rimless

Antman
08/09/2015, 06:58 PM
Hello all I am thinking about getting a 57 rimless tank. What stands / sumps/ skimmers / lighting are you guys using with this tank. I will keep most soft corals / frogspawn / monti cap / zoas / mushroom. Thanks

colorful1180
08/09/2015, 09:06 PM
Hello all I am thinking about getting a 57 rimless tank. What stands / sumps/ skimmers / lighting are you guys using with this tank. I will keep most soft corals / frogspawn / monti cap / zoas / mushroom. Thanks

I use GROUP BUY (https://www.facebook.com/groups/603511806434292/) Timer-165w black box led light,white/blue/moon light channel,remote control and built in LCD screen with 3 channel timer,super easy to set time after watching the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rRkaY1LL2Y),love the light.

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1HkYfIVXXXXXlXFXXq6xXFXXXv/202039597/HTB1HkYfIVXXXXXlXFXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg

dkeller_nc
08/09/2015, 09:27 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger on the same tank to re-home the overgrown corals in a 20g nano.

My intent, at least at this point is a self-made stand (I'm a cabinetmaker, so I've the tools and materials).

Tank will be purchased non-reef-ready and drilled for a BeAn Animal siphon drain set-up. Skimmer will be a Nyos Quantum 120 or a Vertex Omega 150, leaning toward the Nyos because of power consumption.

Lighting will be 2 Radion XR15w Pros.

Circulation will be 2 Vortech MP10w QDs, return pump will be Sicce Synchra Silent 1.5.

Controller will be a Neptune Apex with Ecotech module.

Rock will be Pacific live rock from livestockusa.

I'm undecided on a sump - might be a 20g long aquarium, or if I get ambitious will be a DIY acrylic.

Antman
08/17/2015, 04:53 PM
What other lighting options

dkeller_nc
08/18/2015, 05:04 PM
If you mean high-intensity lighting intended for SPS and high-light LPS corals, 2 Kessil 360's should be enough, though with the required controller it'll be more expensive than the 2 Radion set-up. You could also go with 2 Hydra 52's, or 26's if you're going to be keeping less light-demanding corals.

If you want to go slightly less expensive though still highly capable, then the 6 or 8 bulb ATI 36" T5HO fixture would allow you to grow most anything.

Antman
08/18/2015, 08:10 PM
Yes I want Led fixture. I will mostly keep softies. Mushrooms zoas leathers Xenia frogspawn and maybe monti cap Would rather one unit Any thoughts on the Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED

dkeller_nc
08/18/2015, 10:19 PM
Presuming you're speaking of the Marine Pro 24"-36" fixture, you could keep mushrooms, at least actinodiscus species (not ricordea) and xenia. For montipora, frogspawn and certain leathers (such as mushroom leathers), you'll need considerably more light. 2 of the fixtures might be just barely enough as long as the corals were placed in the top half of the tank.

Keep in mind that 2 of these fixtures would give you 72 watts, while two of the Radion XR15w would be 150 watts. Similarly, two of the Hydra 26's would give you 180w at full power.

ghbrewer
08/27/2015, 08:45 AM
I'm about to pull the trigger on the same tank to re-home the overgrown corals in a 20g nano.

My intent, at least at this point is a self-made stand (I'm a cabinetmaker, so I've the tools and materials).

Tank will be purchased non-reef-ready and drilled for a BeAn Animal siphon drain set-up. Skimmer will be a Nyos Quantum 120 or a Vertex Omega 150, leaning toward the Nyos because of power consumption.

Lighting will be 2 Radion XR15w Pros.

Circulation will be 2 Vortech MP10w QDs, return pump will be Sicce Synchra Silent 1.5.

Controller will be a Neptune Apex with Ecotech module.

Rock will be Pacific live rock from livestockusa.

I'm undecided on a sump - might be a 20g long aquarium, or if I get ambitious will be a DIY acrylic.

I am setting up the same tank myself. Hopefully it will arrive at my LFS today. I will be using 2 XR15w Pros as well with the reeflightmounts.com mounts (look better than the ecotech mounts IMO), and had planned on 2 MP10 QDs, but heard that it has 1/2" glass. Picked up a single MP40 QD in anticipation. Lots of other gear from my other tank as well.