PDA

View Full Version : Amazon

SpectraPure
08/11/2015, 02:26 PM
How likely would you be to purchase our products on Amazon? One of the complaints that we have is that we don't offer more aquarium related products. If we offered our products on Amazon would you purchase our products their with all of your other aquarium related or other purchases in general.

Any feedback is helpful to us. What the end users think and say has a huge role in the decision that we make. We want you all to feel that you are a part of our company and family. If you could take a moment to chime in on this topic it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much,

Jeremy

Conceyted
08/11/2015, 06:10 PM
I, for one, would be more likely to purchase your products through amazon. One of the main detractors from me purchasing your products from your website is the high shipping costs. If SpectraPure used amazon fulfillment services, which would offer customers the free 2 day shipping option that prime members pay for annually, I would bet your sales would increase quite a bit. Do me a favor and put one or all of your litermeter remote pumps and/or standalone litermeter dosing pumps up there and I will be the first to purchase. Hope this helps!

pelphrey
08/13/2015, 08:14 AM
I, for one, would be more likely to purchase your products through amazon. One of the main detractors from me purchasing your products from your website is the high shipping costs. If SpectraPure used amazon fulfillment services, which would offer customers the free 2 day shipping option that prime members pay for annually, I would bet your sales would increase quite a bit. Do me a favor and put one or all of your litermeter remote pumps and/or standalone litermeter dosing pumps up there and I will be the first to purchase. Hope this helps!

This! I bascially just received free shipping with the 10% off discount that ran a few weekends ago. I didn't mind the wait, but I know when it comes time to get replacement filters faster is better! Everyone loves free shipping!

E_shaw90
08/14/2015, 12:30 AM
If you stocked your products in Amazon's warehouses and allowed them to handle the shipping that would be excellent. You can't beat the prime shipping option they offer. I use Amazon and generally look at the shipping option and it plays a part in the purchase process

Breadman03
08/14/2015, 08:01 AM
Honestly, I would probably still buy direct, but that is due to your RC relationship and the recommendations of other RCers when I was researching what I needed for a successful system.

If I wasn't on RC, I would have probably done most of my searching on Amazon and would have been much less likely to discover you without a presence there.

mga345
08/24/2015, 02:30 AM
As your client from Israel (more than 7 years) it will be much better for me to purchase what I need for my UHE system in Amazon.

SpectraPure
08/24/2015, 02:03 PM
As your client from Israel (more than 7 years) it will be much better for me to purchase what I need for my UHE system in Amazon.

Happy to meet you my friend!

Jeremy

azjohnny
08/26/2015, 09:20 PM
I am all in with Amazon! I am a "Prime" member and when I need to buy anything besides groceries Amazon is always the 1st place I look

Prime is $99 a year and for me it paid for itself the 1st month I had it in shipping charges alone

AugustWest
08/30/2015, 07:39 AM
I agree that it will be a good move to sell your products through Amazon. As a Prime member I always check Amazon for almost every item I purchase, Aquarium related or not. Don't see how you could go wrong selling through them. Be sure to let us know when you do.

SpectraPure
08/31/2015, 02:31 PM
Thank you very much for your input!

Jeremy

joshbrookkate
08/31/2015, 04:09 PM
i agree that it will be a good move to sell your products through amazon. As a prime member i always check amazon for almost every item i purchase, aquarium related or not. Don't see how you could go wrong selling through them. Be sure to let us know when you do.

+1

Tarawa
10/10/2015, 06:39 PM
do Amazon.ca too, I would love to buy replacement filters more directly

SpectraPure
10/14/2015, 04:29 PM
good idea

dlondono
10/14/2015, 04:42 PM
I buy most of my useful merchandise, in all categories, from Amazon.
Junky stuff from Ebay.

Anything I cannot find on Amazon nor Ebay I purchase from retailers that offer the best price and best shipping, it's gotten very simple to open up 10 browser windows and conduct price comparison in a matter of seconds for something inexpensive, a couple of minutes for something expensive.

If you list items on Amazon, the item must have a good retail price if you intend to charge shipping.
Shipping cannot be set to make up for the good price.
If available via Prime, I would buy.

Amazon is driven by one of two factors.
Is it a PRIME item, 2 day shipping and usually good price or at least not over priced.

Not PRIME but retail price is good and worth the wait and small shipping fee.

swk
10/15/2015, 07:26 PM
Another Amazon prime member here. I would gladly purchase your products on Amazon, but only if it made sense for you. Honestly I like your stuff so much id get it wherever it was available, but yes, I use Amazon ALOT.

DamonG
10/15/2015, 08:18 PM
Same here, another prime member, and I have been for a few years.. I am also strong with offering from Amazon first for the prime(normally,I chose the next day option). However, one thing I have noticed, and as others have said, the price had to be right in order to make it worth while.

Amazon is very cost effective for consumers, and as a seller, if you go into it with the thought that you can charge high based on your name, and it will sell, you won't be very successful(it's pretty common to see higher prices items with no/low reviews because of price). That is the main thing to keep in mind, imho, as a seller..
Especially with filter media, with easy access to mfg direct items at a reasonable cost..

Cost, availability, fast turnaround and excellent customer service are the keys..

Best of luck!

SpectraPure
10/16/2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the input.

400M1963
12/16/2015, 10:19 AM
Longtime customer. When is this happening? Are you going to also offer free shipping Reef Central Discounts perhaps as a sticky thread on this site?:wavehand:

SpectraPure
12/16/2015, 01:13 PM
We will be on Amazon soon. We wont be able to do prime right away, but I think the plan is to offer free shipping.

Drew W
12/28/2015, 10:20 PM
Just stumbled across this thread. As I'm putting together a list of items over at Spectrapure to rejuvenate/upgrade a generic RO/DI system I too wondered if I couldn't do better, cost wise, thru Amazon. I searched All Departments for Spectrapure, checked Prime and began my comparison:

Item Spectrapure Amazon

SpectraSelectPlus 90 GPD. $59.99 $84.63
1 micron sediment. $6.99. $12.95
0.5 micron sediment. $12.99. $20.49
0.5 micron carbon. $13.99. $20.98

I have a few other low cost items on my SpectraPure list which I couldn't find on Amazon but it really doesn't matter. I'm still money ahead ordering from SpectraPure.

Imo.

SpectraPure
01/04/2016, 10:10 AM
We would be selling our products at our retail price on Amazon. Thank you for your input.

Jeremy

South City
01/25/2016, 12:57 AM
Glad to hear. I order from Amazon almost weekly and it would be great to see your products there.

RobTheReefer
01/25/2016, 01:15 AM
I'm a Prime member inside of a "same day delivery" area and I have them at my door 2-3 times/week. lol

You may get loyal customers to order your products through Amazon, but if you aren't competitive on price, your competitor or Amazon themselves will take the sale. Amazon is great for customers since they automatically "feature" the lowest price, but, man, I'd hate to have to be a business competing for orders. Retailers like to leapfrog each other by a penny just to get the sale.

SpectraPure
01/25/2016, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the input. I plan to keep the products at our retail price. I refuse to get into the for a penny less business. I try to drive sales through superior customer service and standing behind our products.

Jeremy

azjohnny
01/25/2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the input. I plan to keep the products at our retail price. I refuse to get into the for a penny less business. I try to drive sales through superior customer service and standing behind our products.

Jeremy

I have no problems paying Spectrapure's standard prices. IMO it will be worth to have free shipping with Prime. On Amazon I have seen higher prices for your products from different vendors

pelphrey
01/25/2016, 08:12 PM

Jeremy

Exactly the reason I went your route when I got my RODI. We literally have Amazon boxes on our door step 3-4 days a week. I hate paying for shipping, honestly I've had nothing but great experiences with your company so I don't mind the shipping. Keep providing top quality products and service!

SpectraPure
01/26/2016, 08:28 AM
Yeah,

I have also. However I am introducing products that they don't have, and only I sell direct. I cannot do that with the filters or membranes, but systems, level control, etc can be done.

Thanks for your loyalty Johnny. You have always been good to us!

Jeremy

SpectraPure
01/26/2016, 03:30 PM
Exactly the reason I went your route when I got my RODI. We literally have Amazon boxes on our door step 3-4 days a week. I hate paying for shipping, honestly I've had nothing but great experiences with your company so I don't mind the shipping. Keep providing top quality products and service!

Pelphrey! Thank you for the compliment!

SpectraPure
02/03/2016, 05:19 PM
http://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B01BBT3DKM&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A2A9X85L3V5D78&tab=&vasStoreID=

Please check out the products that we have already have for sale on Amazon.

Jeremy