PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Revive LED T247?

ReeferChris405
08/12/2015, 09:19 AM
does any one have any experience with these LEDS? good, bad or otherwise?

Ron Reefman
08/12/2015, 01:55 PM
I have 2 of their original S026 fixtures over a work tank and a T247 over a DT. The S026's have been in use for over 2 years and they still work just fine. The new T247 with legs is a really nice improvement. And if you ever have issues, they have a sponsor forum here on RC, so you can talk to them any time.

DrPheel
08/12/2015, 02:12 PM
If I had not found a local deal on some Maxspect Razors , I would of gone with the Ocean revive t247b. They have a section here on the forum like Mr Ron stated above ! Found lots of people on here using them also

ReeferChris405
08/12/2015, 02:30 PM
I have heard some good stuff about them but I wanted to hear from people who have actual experience with them. I have done some research and read through a few threads on here, just thought I would check one more time before making the purchase. So they seem to grow coral well? I will most likely be combining it with a 2 T5 fixture with ATI actinic and blue plus which I rotate our with a purple plus (I still can't decide which I like better. I have a 55 Gal tank with canopy. Any recommendations of percentages of blue and white with my current set up? Also this will be my first LED set beside the supplement LEDS I use now for moon lights from time to time; what distance from the water surface should I mount it? Any advice is appriciated.

running scott
08/12/2015, 06:43 PM
I have had three of them over my tank for about a year. My previous light fixture was a current outer orbit with the 3 250 de metal halides, and t5 actinics. The corals took a little while to adjust to the ocean revive LEDs. I found that my corals could only take channel 2 at 30 percent. And that's on a tank that's 30 " deep. I love how cool the lights are, and much lower electrical use! The cons are I wish they had a sunrise/sunset option, the clocks gain and or loose time! So if you have three of them over your tank they come on , go off at slightly different times. Did I mention no more bulb changes! Overall I love LEDs, and these were very inexpensive.

colorful1180
08/12/2015, 07:50 PM
You can't remove the optics on T247 light to get a better spread,I would like Black Box (https://www.facebook.com/groups/603511806434292/?fref=nf) timer light,better spectrum, better LCD interface, plus a moon light channel,optics can be removed from the light.

ReeferChris405
08/12/2015, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Of course AI hydra 52 would be my first choice, but after looking around for a while I discovered OR IT-2081 which do have a sunrise and sunset setting and moon lights and 240W so I would have no need to keep the T5 fixture at all but, at $449 (which is still a good price) it's a little more that what I want to spend. So the T247 is my next preference and who knows I may spring for a second one later down the line. Thanks again got your help. And anyone else who come across this thread and wants to leave a comment, feel free.

DavidinGA
08/12/2015, 09:25 PM
My vote would be to buy a eBay led box instead of paying more for the same thing from ocean revive...

Bpb
08/13/2015, 05:44 AM
The black box units are NOT the same as the s026 or t247. Yes they both use bridgelux diodes but that's about it. Different housing, better fans, actual heat sinks, different drivers.

Ron Reefman
08/13/2015, 06:38 AM
You can't remove the optics on T247 light to get a better spread,I would like Black Box (https://www.facebook.com/groups/603511806434292/?fref=nf) timer light,better spectrum, better LCD interface, plus a moon light channel,optics can be removed from the light.

Lenses can be removed and a thin sheet of plastic from a hardware store can be added to protect the leds. But it's rare that anybody removes lenses anymore. As to better spectrum and LCD interface... very subjective.

Thanks for the input guys. Of course AI hydra 52 would be my first choice, but after looking around for a while I discovered OR IT-2081 which do have a sunrise and sunset setting and moon lights and 240W so I would have no need to keep the T5 fixture at all but, at $449 (which is still a good price) it's a little more that what I want to spend. So the T247 is my next preference and who knows I may spring for a second one later down the line. Thanks again got your help. And anyone else who come across this thread and wants to leave a comment, feel free.

I have two IT2080 fixtures (old version of the OR-IT 2081) for over 31 months now and they have run 24/7 the entire time without a single issue. But they are more expensive. If the sunrise/sunset feature isn't worth the money, the T247 is a very good alternative.

My vote would be to buy a eBay led box instead of paying more for the same thing from ocean revive...

Who makes the ebay led box? I don't know. But I've had a variety of led fixtures and I've found that when you are getting Chinese leds, it's best to get one from a known manufacturer like EverGrow (who make OceanRevive, ReefBreeders & ReefRadiance). Others skimp on fans (noisy), heatsinks (if they use one at all), case material (steel vs aluminum) and coating (paint vs powder coat). So it's not the same thing. I don't care for leds that hum, heat up and rust.

ReeferChris405
08/18/2015, 07:10 PM
I decided on these

http://www.amazon.com/WYZM-TM-Dimmable-Spectrum-Moonlight/dp/B00M8V59VY

colorful1180
08/18/2015, 08:33 PM
I decided on these

http://www.amazon.com/WYZM-TM-Dimmable-Spectrum-Moonlight/dp/B00M8V59VY

A little expensive on Amazon,I bought 2 of the 165w timer lights from Black Box LED GROUP BUY,cost me $133 each shipped,came in so fast,3 days for shipping

mushumatt
08/18/2015, 08:54 PM
I ran a T247 over my nano and its currently over my 40 until my AI hydra 52 comes in. I saw good growth on my corals, some disco effects. But overall for the price I could not be happier. As others have stated the timer does gain or loose time, but its not that big of a deal for me as its literally a minute or two here or there.