PDA

View Full Version : G2 cycling LED’s at peak point of daily schedule

Ronin'sReef
08/12/2015, 12:30 PM
Tank has a combination of one G1 and one G2 on a Reeflink.

I changed my lighting schedule 4 weeks ago, set the acclimation period for 70%-4weeks and now over the past few days the G2 (and only the G2) has started flashing off and on as it reaches peak intensity in the schedule. It seems to last for about 30 min and then recovers and goes back to normal operation.

I’ve also discovered similar behavior in the ESL mobile app when selecting almost any one of the ‘Default Presets’ the G2 will simply turn off and return to the schedule. It seems to do this for all presets except for Blue……strange.

Putting it in Demo mode it acts up there too. The G1 goes through the demo without issue, the G2 gets part way through, resets and reverts back to the schedule.

So far I have power cycled both units, ensured the firmware is up to date, swapped power supplies and even a factory reset; same results.

What is going on here? Is there perhaps some sort of compatibility issue between versions while running near or at peak power?

Alex Y EcoTech
08/12/2015, 12:36 PM
Ronin,

That is an usual issue, and it could be related to the buttons on top of the lights. I would recommend following the steps below and contacting us directly if you continue to have issues.

1. Power down all Radions for 30 seconds
2. Power on All Radions
3. Connect via USB to a single Radion - If NOT using a ReefLink*
4. Open the Connection Manager - If NOT using a ReefLink*
5. Log in to EcoSmart Live using either Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser
6. Select the "Devices" tab
7. Select the "Gear" icon next to "Light 1"
8. Check the box to disable the Radion buttons
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 for each Radion
10. Select the "Done" button to save changes
11. Once the page refreshes select the "Program Aquarium"

Ronin'sReef
08/12/2015, 12:41 PM
Hi Alex,

Buttons are disabled. That’s pretty much standard practice now isn’t it :)

Alex Y EcoTech
08/13/2015, 06:15 AM
Ronin,

I would recommend contacting us directly for more advanced troubleshooting.

Ronin'sReef
08/14/2015, 03:19 PM
I’ll have to call in Monday, thanks.

I did another factory reset to that light and after doing so it just flashes on/off in what I assume is the default setting of all LED’s 100%. Add it to the group again, program and it follows suit with the other light up until approaching peak power in the schedule.