PDA

View Full Version : Glass Thickness

JaySchulz
08/13/2015, 07:07 PM
I'm planning my dream build and have been set on a tank build with the deminsions of 72"L x 30"W x 21"T Peninsula style. Every tank builder I've talked to said they would do this tank in 1/2 inch glass.

I was talking to the wife and convinced her that a 36" wide tank would be soooo much cooler. She agreed (thankfully)! Would a 36" tank be done in 3/4 inch glass? Although my wife agreed on tank and all the equipment, I do have a budget. And 3/4 inch glass would cost a lot more money.

Harry Muscle
08/13/2015, 07:20 PM
I'm planning my dream build and have been set on a tank build with the deminsions of 72"L x 30"W x 21"T Peninsula style. Every tank builder I've talked to said they would do this tank in 1/2 inch glass.

I was talking to the wife and convinced her that a 36" wide tank would be soooo much cooler. She agreed (thankfully)! Would a 36" tank be done in 3/4 inch glass? Although my wife agreed on tank and all the equipment, I do have a budget. And 3/4 inch glass would cost a lot more money.
It's the height that determines the glass thickness. So if the height isn't changing than the recommended thickness probably won't either.

Thanks,
Harry

d-man
08/13/2015, 08:57 PM
^exactly. Width makes no difference on thickness of glass.

JaySchulz
08/13/2015, 09:24 PM
That's what I thought but one lfs told me that it would and that price would drastically increase.