PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to find Grindal Worms in NJ?

ReefJunkie01
08/15/2015, 05:00 PM
Hey guys,

Ok so, I've had a full grown wild caught male mandarin for about 6 months now. It's been doing well with an acrylic enclosure ( think of a plastic box with the left/right sides partially open and a bbs feeding system that feeds the tank about 7 times a day. I've been trying to ween him onto another live food.

I tried live black worms (kept dropping them they were alive in front of the mandarin, and the mandarin would stare at it for 5 seconds and just swim away), live amphipods (will feed him about 10 babies over the course of a half hour, he will maybe eat two by accident, most just swim away), and live adult brine shrimp (I will feed about 30 of them into a 7"x3"x3" enclosure, the mandarin will swim in, and proceed to ignore every adult brine in there for the rest of the night, at which point the brine shrimp slowly swim out of the enclosure to be eaten by my citron goby or get collected in my overflow). Absolutely nothing worked, except for the baby brine and the tigger pods I culture.

I found out about the Grindal worms and would like to try it before I resign to bbs and tiggers for the rest of my mandarins life, but cannot seem to find a reliable online supplier or anyone in NJ that carries them. Does anyone know of any place to source these.
Please understand that Grindal worms and what's called white worms are different. From what I found white worms are up to 2 inches long, the Grindal worms are typically a half inch or less. I'm specifically looking for grindals.

Does anyone have any info on this?