PDA

View Full Version : IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Pump Upgrade

frkysl
08/15/2015, 06:32 PM
I have 2 steam stream and flow rate is not enough. I would like to upgrade my pump so that i don't use any other wave maker inside the display area.
Tank is my bedroom so pump should be silent as much as possible.
The stock pump is rated as 211 gph. MJ1200 is a option but I heard that MJ1200 which is rated 295 gph is not enough.

I will appreciate for suggestions.

Saltyguys
08/15/2015, 10:42 PM
I just upgraded mine with a MJ1200. It is quiet, and is a noticeable flow upgrade from the stock pump. I am not using the spin stream attachments, so I can not speak to how it will work with them. I would try the stock pump directly to just one of the returns and see how it functions. If it works well you could just buy another and use two stock pumps. I think two of the stock pumps will fit in the chamber, and you would have 422gph, and if one fails you will not loose all your circulation.

frkysl
08/16/2015, 10:54 AM
I tried to use only one output and the flow looks really nice. I do not want to use two pumps, It will be hard when feeding need to deal with two pumps instead of one. But I like the idea... Thanks
BTW do you have any power head in display?

Grymmy95
08/16/2015, 09:52 PM
We are using the MJ1200 as well to power two Spin Streams, it's working pretty well, although it seems the two Spin Streams will not spin at the same speed, so I can't sync them...

Saltyguys
08/16/2015, 10:44 PM
I tried to use only one output and the flow looks really nice. I do not want to use two pumps, It will be hard when feeding need to deal with two pumps instead of one. But I like the idea... Thanks
BTW do you have any power head in display?

I am also running a Koralia nano circulation pump, which is 425gph, in the display. It combined with the mj1200 seems to be a great combination and I am very happy with the flow in the tank.

frkysl
08/17/2015, 07:20 AM
We are using the MJ1200 as well to power two Spin Streams, it's working pretty well, although it seems the two Spin Streams will not spin at the same speed, so I can't sync them...

What do you mean by sync? Why do you need them synchronized. I like the random flow so I am sure flow touch different part of tank.
Do you have stock pump and MJ1200 or only one MJ1200? I am thinking to use one MJ1200 and stock pump but curious about uneven flow rates. one side of the tank will have more flow and one MJ 1200 for one channel is seems too much.

Grymmy95
08/18/2015, 02:12 AM
Only the MJ1200 with the stock Y-split adapter.

I wanted the spins "sync'd" hoping that it would be more of a "tidal" flow, i.e. they would be at 12 o'clock at the same time, and 6 o'clock at the same time. What I found is that (when facing the tank) the left side is getting a little more flow than the right, but that may be in the range of about 1-3 gph...

I should check the tubing at some point and make sure there is nothing in them.