PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to run output from RODI behind crown moulding to another room ?

drew930
08/16/2015, 08:50 AM
Water source for RODI is in one room , and the mixing cans will be in another . I didn't know if it was okay to run the output line up to the ceiling then behind the crown moulding in the room to hide it ? Didn't know if it was bad to have the output that high above the input . Input will be at sink height . And the output line after it reached the ceiling would be probably need to be 25ft in length.

Any help would be appreciated. Never done this before . I've ran a long output down , but never up . Thanks

sbeason
08/16/2015, 08:58 AM
I ran mine up and over the ceiling in my basement from my water source area of my Rodi to my sump. No problem about 6 feet up and 15 feet over

Johnseye
08/16/2015, 09:38 AM
hight and length depend on your pump. I run mine from basement to first floor and back. The tubing is uncovered in some areas but in others I ran it through pvc to be safe.

lmforbis
08/16/2015, 09:47 AM
Mine runs from my laundry room in my basement up to the water storage under the tank on the first floor. Up maybe 6 feet and over about 30 feet. I run it through the ceiling of the finished basement and up through the wall to the back of the tank stand. Works very well as long as I don't forget to turn it off. I think I will be putting a float valve on it soon.

davocean
08/16/2015, 11:08 AM
I think that is a great idea as long as long as it's a solid line/no couplings or anything buried of course.

snorvich
08/16/2015, 11:38 AM
I ran mine up and over the ceiling in my basement from my water source area of my Rodi to my sump. No problem about 6 feet up and 15 feet over

Same here but longer over.

drew930
08/16/2015, 09:28 PM
Great. Thanks for the replies. Probably be doing it this week !