PDA

View Full Version : Kessil 360we light schedule

CodeMan28
08/16/2015, 07:15 PM
I have looked through forums and have not found a "good " example of others lighting schedules.. Seems like every talks about their apex settings. I don't have an apex.. I do have the kessil controller though. So I was wondering if anyone on here can lead me in the right direction or share their schedules.

I have a 60g cube

24x24x24

Thanks

pstank1
08/16/2015, 07:53 PM
i think it really varies depending on the tank and what you're trying to grow. I recently switched over to two 360we tuna blues and just sort of used the mark 1 eyeball to figure out what to set the lights at. I currently have them over two holding tanks while i get my new tank set up. I"ll eventually go with 4 over that tank, so i'm sure my settings will change.

My suggestion is to start around 40-50% intensity and gradually increase over a few weeks time. Just set the color to whatever catches your fancy. I never go over about 50% color using the kessil controller, and it seems to be working so far with some sps and a bubble tip.

I use an old reefkeeper 2 to turn the lights on and off, then use the kessil controller to set the intensity and color throughout the day. Starting off at the lowest intensity and ramping up %60 then back down. Color starts at %0 and goes up to %50 then back down. These are currently sitting over a 15 and 20 gallon tank, I'm sure they will change when i get my 135 set up and go with 4 of them.

oseymour
08/16/2015, 09:10 PM
I have 2 A360We running on my 50 breeder. I got my original light schedule from this thread and tweaking it.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2474225&goto=newpost

sorry I don't remember what page so you'll have to do some digging yourself.

CodeMan28
08/20/2015, 09:12 AM
Awesome thanks, read all the 36 pages.. Haha found a few different schedules.