PDA

View Full Version : GHL Profilux Doser 2 quick question.

ap2honda
08/17/2015, 01:23 AM
Hello all, I can not seem to find the answer anywhere. Is the GHL Profilux Doser 2. A stand alone unit? Or does it need the profilux controller? I am shopping for an Automatic Doser. But I need a reliable stand alone doser since I do not own an aquarium controller. (Also if you know of any other stand alone doser brands feel free to input your opinions. Id like to place the order today thanks for all the help.)

shifty51008
08/17/2015, 02:09 AM
According to aquacave they can be used with a controller or as a stand alone

AQD_ottawa
08/18/2015, 09:06 AM
The Doser 2 is stand alone, there is also a slave version (not overly available yet) that connects to the ProfiLux.

The Doser 2 stand alone does not connect to the ProfiLux only the Doser 2 slave does.

In your application you require the Doser 2 stand alone.

ca1ore
08/18/2015, 09:35 AM
Hello all, I can not seem to find the answer anywhere. Is the GHL Profilux Doser 2. A stand alone unit? Or does it need the profilux controller? I am shopping for an Automatic Doser. But I need a reliable stand alone doser since I do not own an aquarium controller. (Also if you know of any other stand alone doser brands feel free to input your opinions. Id like to place the order today thanks for all the help.)

I'm using a GHL Doser 2 stand alone and have been very happy with it. It's a really impressive piece of kit. Not the most intuitive thing to get started - but the support folks know what they are doing and have lots of patience.

ap2honda
08/28/2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the help Reef Central. The Profilux Doser came in earlier this week! I'm in need of a new computer so I will be buying one next week. I can't wait to start playing with the new doser.