PDA

View Full Version : Sicce Xstream-e purchase

firemountain
08/17/2015, 10:17 AM
Just picked up a pair of the new Sicce Xstream-e pumps for my 65g mixed reef. My LFS was having its annual super sale, and Sicce USA rep Kirby was there. With getting 40% off their product line for this 2 day super sale ....I couldn't pass it up.

While I was not originally ready to buy new pumps....I was intrigued because they were DC pumps, but what really sold me was that they are going to be Apex ready, with their adaptive cable coming out in the next few weeks. I am going to be buying an Apex later on this year...so this was a no brainier. They have a 5 year warranty which is awesome !!

First impression...Dead silent with a super small footprint. Their magnets are super strong! Easy to setup and operate. Their range goes from 800 gph to 2250 gph. I ran them on opposite ends of the tank in random mode for starters, which is recommended. Polyp extension was increased, and my fish seemed to enjoy the random mode.

For those looking to purchase new power heads, I would highly recommend these pumps. Besides their attractive warranty....they are a solidly built.