PDA

View Full Version : Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper need help

fishman102
08/17/2015, 05:22 PM
So I purchased my reef keeper lite plus, I plugged everything in and now i have no space to add my wifi. By the way I bought a wireless gaming adapter to install due to my router being in a separate room. Anyway i don't have any more bus outputs to connect to my SLX. My only option right now would be to disconncet my temp probe (which I don't want to do). So I saw they have the wireless net module ( http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefkeeper-net-internet-module-digital-aquatics.html ), which I don't want to buy due to its expense. So my main question is can i plug the bus hub into the SLX, then plug my internet and the temp probe into the bus hub, instead of buying the internet module.
This is the bus hub http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefkeeper-hub-bus-hub-digital-aquatics.html

Thanks so much any help would be greatly appreciated

n2585722
08/17/2015, 05:34 PM
You have to have the NET module to hook to your home network. The buss connectors are only to connect to DA modules. Do NOT hook a cat5 cable to a buss connector. The buss connector is 6 pin and a cat5 is 8 pin. They are not compatible at all other than they will plug into each other.

n2585722
08/17/2015, 06:06 PM
FYI, the NET module is not wireless.

fishman102
08/17/2015, 06:36 PM
Thank you for the help, so if all my spots are filled and i buy a net module, i would hook that up to the SLX and have to disconnect my temp probe right.

n2585722
08/17/2015, 06:52 PM
All modules have 2 buss ports with exception of the HUB and it has 5. It is basically a 5 way splitter. It is good to have the HUB with the RKL to split off the iTemp at the head unit if you want to do programming with myReef you will need a splitter. Programming is different than updating firmware as you can connect the SID up while the system is up and running. The NET module is a bit of a power hog so it is best when connected to a PC4. Neither the HUB or the NET will count toward the 4 module limit if you are running current firmware. I assume you have 2 PC4's and an SLX module. If so you have used 3 of the 4 modules.

fishman102
08/17/2015, 07:05 PM
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it