PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Illumination classic rail mount...the busted the packing tube.

Allentown
08/18/2015, 07:26 AM
What hardware do I need to mount this thing?

Anyone have puctures?

The rails and end caps etc are intact but the screws and washers are missing.

Just eye balling it, it looks like I just need 2 screws and a washer for each light and they just slide in..

All I need are the size bolts (and thread pattern or a pic) and I should be able to solve this is 5 min via home depot.

Also what's the thread size of a Kessel goose neck?

I am working out how go mount those to a security camera swivel.

goreef170
08/18/2015, 07:49 AM
Can we see a pic of what you have ?

goreef170
08/18/2015, 09:36 AM
Is this the light rack you are talking about ?

Allentown
08/18/2015, 10:04 AM
The parts in the plastic bag are the legs and end caps.

I'm not using the legs. It's a low canopy so I'm probably going to cut in the slots for the hydra from above and set the unit on top. Figure that will help with heat as well.

Open to suggestions.

Wazzel
08/18/2015, 10:08 AM
The screws for the lights comes with the light, not the rail. You will need a bolt for each end of each rail. Not sure if they are the same as the light bolts, I would check that first. The legs need sheet metal screw. Sorry I can not give you sizes, I am at work, lights are at home.

goreef170
08/18/2015, 10:10 AM
As far as the bolts you need, Just unscrew the Bolt from the Kessil and take it to home depot to match and get the right size. Thats what I did, I don't remember the size...

Allentown
08/18/2015, 10:55 AM
The screws for the lights comes with the light, not the rail. You will need a bolt for each end of each rail. Sorry I can not give you sizes, I am at work, lights are at home.

Ah Ha! I tried putting in the screws that came with the lights and sliding it down the track via the head of the screw. It seemed very flimsy.....is that what you meant?

As far as the bolts you need, Just unscrew the Bolt from the Kessil and take it to home depot to match and get the right size. Thats what I did, I don't remember the size...

That's the plan.....I was considering taking the rails and the security camera mounts with me to (going to need a cart for stuff id be taking IN!)

goreef170
08/18/2015, 11:09 AM
Check out my picture. I just did the same thing… I bought a short screw bolt and a washer. They slide on the rail very easily. If you look at the back rail, I also installed a couple of moon lights. They work great.

Allentown
08/18/2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks man!

One bit of confusion..... I am actually installing Hydra 52s on the rails.

The Kessils are going to be mounted to security camera swivels and mounted in the door of the canopy so I can point them back into the tank at an angle. :fun2:

Wazzel
08/18/2015, 11:56 AM
Ah Ha! I tried putting in the screws that came with the lights and sliding it down the track via the head of the screw. It seemed very flimsy.....is that what you meant?

That is how it works. I do not care for it either. You need to fine tune the gap so it is just enough to fit, but not to much that so it is secure. The lights do not weight much so it is plenty strong enough.

Allentown
08/19/2015, 11:45 AM
Marine depot put me in contact with AI and they are sending the hardware for the legs and end caps directly at no charge.

The joys of mail order... lol