PDA

View Full Version : Reef Radiance dm 155e....all the blues not working

miserkris
08/19/2015, 08:35 PM
Suddenly in my Reef Radiance dm 155e....all the blues not working.

Can anyone recommend what to do?

Only whites and colored are on.

Thx

colorful1180
08/20/2015, 06:44 AM
Maybe one of drivers was not work,you can open the light,there are 2 big drivers(Power Supply) in the box,one is for blue channel,another is for white channel,swap them each other,then check if the blues are working,if yes,you can ask for a new driver from Reef Radiance as warranty support.

miserkris
08/20/2015, 07:20 AM
Maybe one of drivers was not work,you can open the light,there are 2 big drivers(Power Supply) in the box,one is for blue channel,another is for white channel,swap them each other,then check if the blues are working,if yes,you can ask for a new driver from Reef Radiance as warranty support.
The drivers. ...are they removable(screws, solder)? Or do i just swap is leads?
Will attempt tonight thanks!

Ron Reefman
08/20/2015, 04:06 PM
They should have screws holding them in place and clip/plugs to connect wires. They try to keep the wires short inside the case, so you will probably have to detach the good driver so you can plug it into the blue channel.

miserkris
08/20/2015, 04:49 PM
They should have screws holding them in place and clip/plugs to connect wires. They try to keep the wires short inside the case, so you will probably have to detach the good driver so you can plug it into the blue channel.

Actually this is what I did since it was easier. .. tell me if I did it right. I unhook the wire leads to the blue and white channels, flipped the light portion upside down ...connected them with the opposite drivers.

Now the white light comes on when I turn on the blue switch. when I turn on white switch. ...nothing happens .

Seems like the led side has a problem.
Well i can't think after 6 so let me pause lol.
If it is the white box (driver)needing replacement. ... will they replace free. ..it's been more than a year ago since i bought them.

Thx. ..

colorful1180
08/20/2015, 06:45 PM
The driver was working after testing,so the issue is from led,some leds were burnt,you can use 3 volt battery to test per led(on blue channel),then find them out,like this:

http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1VMO1JXXXXXaGXpXXq6xXFXXXv/202039597/HTB1VMO1JXXXXXaGXpXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg

replace these burnt leds,then the blues will working,also you can directly replace a led board.