PDA

View Full Version : Lower pressure after changing ro filters

StaySalty
08/20/2015, 07:51 PM
Hey guys, I have a 4 stage BRS RODI system. I just changed the micron filter, carbon bock, and DI resin. I am now only getting about 43 psi going into my membrane whereas before I was getting about 50 psi. In the past, I usually get about 55-60 psi with brand new filters. Nothing is leaking and I believe the filters were seated properly in the housing canisters.

I hate changing these filters out. What a PITA.

Arthur1
08/20/2015, 08:09 PM
Lol it's always a good time changing the filters out of an ro/di unit. Question...do the new sediment and carbon filters have the same micron ratings as the last?

StaySalty
08/20/2015, 08:17 PM
Lol it's always a good time changing the filters out of an ro/di unit. Question...do the new sediment and carbon filters have the same micron ratings as the last?

They do indeed. I always order the same 4 stage filter kit from BRS.

Edit: Do the pressure gauges go bad and become innaccurate after a while? I am getting 7 tds going into my DI Resin and 0 coming out.

shifty51008
08/20/2015, 08:27 PM
The oil filled pressure guages are more accurate. But i have had the regular one go bad before.

Did you flush the system after changing the filters?

StaySalty
08/20/2015, 08:38 PM
The oil filled pressure guages are more accurate. But i have had the regular one go bad before.

Did you flush the system after changing the filters?

Oooh I did not. I forgot about doing that. Lemme go and do that now