PDA

View Full Version : 125 Gallon Center Support - 1 or 2

pelphrey
08/21/2015, 10:58 AM
At some point this winter I plan to upgrade my 75 gallon freshwater tank to a 125 gallon. I will be leaving this as a freshwater tank after the transition, however I am planning to turn it into a reef sometime down the road. A shop local to me has the 125 made by Perfecto and All Glass. The difference between the two is that the Perfecto has 1 center support whereas the All Glass has 2 center supports.

I am trying to plan for the future and although I am unsure of the brand of lighting it will be LED technology. I feel like the All Glass aquarium with 2 center supports would provide me a better spread as far as lighting is concerned. For an example if I went with Kessil would I be able to use 3 a360w's in the center of each support.

I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to bring it to your attention and get some input before I make the purchase. On a side note the Perfecto 125 is $399.99 and the All Glass is $449.99, so the price isn't much different on the aquarium and very well may save me money on lighting a 6' reef.

As much as I would love to get a 180 it is to wide and would be pushed out from the wall even further once plumbing was installed. I seriously considered a 150 but the extra 6'' won't make much of a different since I will build my own stand to bring the tank up to a good viewing height. I have no plans on buying a corner overflow tank and will drill it myself when the time comes.