PDA

View Full Version : LiterMeter 3 noise

thax
08/21/2015, 10:51 PM
i have a lm3 gen 6 form 2013 that i use for awc, the standalone pump is 100% dead quiet. The pump built in to the lm3 is starting to get noisy its not tubing noise its coming form the pump. i took it apart a few times cleaned the head and tubing good and it still makes this grinding sound that sounds like a lot of friction. i do not know how long it might have been doing this as it used to be in my fish room now its under my tank as i moved to a new house and lost my fish room:(

any way would this fix it? or is their some kind of oil i should put on it? http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-OFF/LITERMETER-REPLACEMENT-PARTS/LiterMeter-III-Peristaltic-Pump-Rebuild-Kit-for-Gen4-thru-Gen6-LiterMeter-Pumps

thanks for the help

SpectraPure
08/24/2015, 01:31 AM
Make sure that the rollers don't have grooves in them. Make sure that the strips on the tubing are centered on the rollers. Make sure that the white fitting is pushed all the way down to the pump. Clean it with Acetone. If you still have issues please call me tomorrow.

480-894-5437 ext3

Jeremy

thax
08/25/2015, 11:56 PM
the tubing looks a little worn and one roller look a little worn in the middle. should i g and order the tubing and rollers? how often should i change them?

SpectraPure
08/26/2015, 03:28 AM
Yes I would. It depends on how often you perform the cleaning. The more you clean them, the less you have to replace them.

Jeremy

thax
08/29/2015, 09:11 PM
i changed the tubing and the rollers and it still makes the noise but i i found where the noise is coming form, its coming form the body of the lm 3 its the pump rattling against the plastic, if i put pressure on the under side of the pump it stops rattling so i put a 4x2 under it and put a book on top of the lm3 and its "fixed".

is there a way to open the body of the lm3 up? i could probably fix it if i could jam some thing between the bottom of the pump and the housing

SpectraPure
08/31/2015, 02:29 PM
Thax,

Perhaps you should send it in to be looked at.

Jeremy