PDA

View Full Version : Reef link setup with MP-40QD's

Gotcha!
08/22/2015, 08:41 AM
I just received 3 new MP-40 QD's to set up in my system. I am not new to reeflink I have my lighting set up. I have imported the 3 pumps and they have a set program already set up that I did not wish to keep. I have watched the video on the setups yet my issue is not the drag and drop whatever mode you wish. I was trying to use tital swell for 14 hours and constant 20% speed for the late evening until morning hours (10 hours) when Tidal swell would be on during the day.

Now the problem is the video shows how I can drag the mode into the selection area yet I get no arrow to expand the time at ALL. It sets it automatically and the way the video shows how to do it is not working on my software. I have the current patch on the reef link software I.E. the current version. What am I missing? The pumps are useless in the reef link software and controls if I have no way to set the duration of the mode to what I need.

Thanks for any help

EcoTech Support
08/22/2015, 07:09 PM
I just received 3 new MP-40 QD's to set up in my system. I am not new to reeflink I have my lighting set up. I have imported the 3 pumps and they have a set program already set up that I did not wish to keep. I have watched the video on the setups yet my issue is not the drag and drop whatever mode you wish. I was trying to use tital swell for 14 hours and constant 20% speed for the late evening until morning hours (10 hours) when Tidal swell would be on during the day.

Now the problem is the video shows how I can drag the mode into the selection area yet I get no arrow to expand the time at ALL. It sets it automatically and the way the video shows how to do it is not working on my software. I have the current patch on the reef link software I.E. the current version. What am I missing? The pumps are useless in the reef link software and controls if I have no way to set the duration of the mode to what I need.

Thanks for any help

The VorTech videos are a bit out-dated at this point. To adjust the duration of a particular mode, e.g. Tidal Swell, you must adjust the start time of the next mode in the schedule. We made this change to be more consistent with the rest of our scheduling functionality.

Follow these steps to get a schedule that has Constant Speed for 10 hours and Tidal Swell for 14 hours during the day:

Drag out a Constant Speed to the schedule (anywhere is fine)
Click the Constant Speed you just added and select "All Day", then Yes to the confirmation
Drag out a Tidal Swell to the tail end of the schedule so it ends up at the end of the day
Click the Tidal Swell you just added and set the start time to 8 AM (for example). Then click the Save button to commit the change.
Drag out a Constant Speed to the tail end of the schedule so it ends up at the end of the day
Click the Constant Speed at the tail end of the schedule and select a start time of 10 PM (for example). Then click the Save button to commit the change.

Now you should have Constant Speed for a total of 10 hours and Tidal Swell for 14 hours during the day.

Gotcha!
08/22/2015, 07:36 PM
The VorTech videos are a bit out-dated at this point. To adjust the duration of a particular mode, e.g. Tidal Swell, you must adjust the start time of the next mode in the schedule. We made this change to be more consistent with the rest of our scheduling functionality.

Follow these steps to get a schedule that has Constant Speed for 10 hours and Tidal Swell for 14 hours during the day:

Drag out a Constant Speed to the schedule (anywhere is fine)
Click the Constant Speed you just added and select "All Day", then Yes to the confirmation
Drag out a Tidal Swell to the tail end of the schedule so it ends up at the end of the day
Click the Tidal Swell you just added and set the start time to 8 AM (for example). Then click the Save button to commit the change.
Drag out a Constant Speed to the tail end of the schedule so it ends up at the end of the day
Click the Constant Speed at the tail end of the schedule and select a start time of 10 PM (for example). Then click the Save button to commit the change.

Now you should have Constant Speed for a total of 10 hours and Tidal Swell for 14 hours during the day.

Thank you that worked fine. I have made all 3 pumps the same (right, left and back)

For your information the left I want as the master, and the right I want as a slave in anti sync, and the back I want at 30% power as if it was being set manually for your 3 pump setup on the tidal swell settings if done manually with the purple as left, yellow as right in anti sync and the back turquise like I had set up before putting the new QD's on.

So the additional question I have once I get the modes on each pump set up the same is. I want to anti sync the right pump to the left (the left being the master pump in my aquarium). Do I drag the anti sync to the beginning or end of the line on my opposite pump (right side pump), in my case the right pump since I named them left, right and back) I have 3 options you have in place: sync, anti-sync & ecosmart back. so I am assuming I have to slide the anti sync somewhere on my right pump

I then want to set the back pump like it was for the manual setting so I am assuming the new software (ecosmart back) is how to do this so do I also slide that to the back pump spot in the same type position I am to put the anti sync I.E. whatever you tell me on the side to drag it to work the way I originally had my 3 previous pumps on the manual setup before moving to this reef link with the vortech pumps.

Thanks a million for the help

EcoTech Support
08/23/2015, 07:22 PM
Thank you that worked fine. I have made all 3 pumps the same (right, left and back)

For your information the left I want as the master, and the right I want as a slave in anti sync, and the back I want at 30% power as if it was being set manually for your 3 pump setup on the tidal swell settings if done manually with the purple as left, yellow as right in anti sync and the back turquise like I had set up before putting the new QD's on.

So the additional question I have once I get the modes on each pump set up the same is. I want to anti sync the right pump to the left (the left being the master pump in my aquarium). Do I drag the anti sync to the beginning or end of the line on my opposite pump (right side pump), in my case the right pump since I named them left, right and back) I have 3 options you have in place: sync, anti-sync & ecosmart back. so I am assuming I have to slide the anti sync somewhere on my right pump

I then want to set the back pump like it was for the manual setting so I am assuming the new software (ecosmart back) is how to do this so do I also slide that to the back pump spot in the same type position I am to put the anti sync I.E. whatever you tell me on the side to drag it to work the way I originally had my 3 previous pumps on the manual setup before moving to this reef link with the vortech pumps.

Thanks a million for the help

You are correct in that you will use the slave modes in EcoSmart Live rather than syncing the pumps on the driver. You can drag out one of the sync modes (Anti, Sync or EcoSmart Back), then select the pump you want to sync to. You can also use the handy "All Day" option to sync all day. You may also set a max speed on the sync mode once it is on your schedule.

Gotcha!
09/03/2015, 05:28 PM
Ok so what I have done since I can not get the night mode to run manually is I created a 10 hour constant speed of 20% (my night mode) which runs from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am. From 9:00 am to 11:00 pm I have tidal swell set to 70% pump speed. For some reason the constant green box pops up under the main top line on the left and leaves a blank gray spot for 1 hour on the right side of the main line instead of just filling the whole line and keeping just 1 line yet the green line on the second line only says it starts at 11:00 pm so not sure why its just not one constant line for the 24 hour period but we shall see. I will watch it tonight to see if it sync's into constant 20% speed at 11:00 pm tonight.

My right pump I just placed on sync and sync'd it to my left pump (All day 24 hours) in hopes that will keep the exact schedule I set on the main pump. Was the old tidal swell opposite side pump placed on anti sync or sync on your program since the knob is white now instead of yellow?

The back pump I placed on all day 24 hour ecosmart back in hopes that was the setup for the turquoise back pump on the old program.

My question at this point is the sync modes have 100% preset. Is that 100% mean that its = to the settings I had on the left main pump I.E. 20% constant from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am and 70% Tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm. By this I mean does 100% mean it places the pump in the exact values 20% and 70% of the main sync'd pump. If I reduce the value to 50% say on the ecosmart back pump does that mean the back turquoise knob pump will run at 50% or the main 70% setting placed on the main pump. Thats where I am getting confused.

Thanks for any help.

What I am trying to do is:

Have my main left pump be the master pump and run constant speed of 20% (night mode) from 11:00 pm - 9:00 am then have tidal swell kick in at
9:00 am to 11:00 pm and run at 70% of the pumps power.

I am trying to have my right pump run in the yellow color (old manual program setting) this may be anti sync and I will have to change it since its in sync and the knob is white right now at 100% of the main left pump I.E. 20% constant from 11:00 pm - 9:00 am then run at tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm at 70% of the pumps power just like the main pump.

I am trying to have the rear pump run at 20% constant (night mode) from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am like the main left pump and run Tidal swell at 40% of the 70% on the main pump setting from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm. I.E. trying to lower the power a little on the back pump.

Am I doing this correctly,

Thanks, Greg

hreef
09/03/2015, 05:42 PM
I would love to have the QDr's on my 40s as I just choked down $650.00 on 2 almost one year ago! :(

Gotcha!
09/05/2015, 11:32 PM
Ok the main left pump is set to 15% constant speed from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am and then tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.

The right side pump is in anti sync mode on the reeflink program and it is at 100% (100% of what the sync'd left pump is doing so I was told was the correct way to set it up I.E. 15% constand speed Green knob from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am and tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm at 70% of the pumps power.)

the back pump is in ecosmart back at 30%.

Please tell me whats wrong the left main pump is in its 15% MODE Green knob.

the right pump is running at 100% with yellow Knob "Period" it did not cut to 15% of the pumps power like the left pump did.

What is up with this reeflink. This is why I wanted manual mode since I think there are to many glitches in this and due to the fact that they have software problems on the night mode in manual. A little help on why my right pump is running at 100% and blowing things all around when it should be in anti sync 24 hour mode to the left pump and running at 15% from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am is beyond me.

EcoTech Support
09/07/2015, 04:50 PM
Ok the main left pump is set to 15% constant speed from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am and then tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.

The right side pump is in anti sync mode on the reeflink program and it is at 100% (100% of what the sync'd left pump is doing so I was told was the correct way to set it up I.E. 15% constand speed Green knob from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am and tidal swell from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm at 70% of the pumps power.)

the back pump is in ecosmart back at 30%.

Please tell me whats wrong the left main pump is in its 15% MODE Green knob.

the right pump is running at 100% with yellow Knob "Period" it did not cut to 15% of the pumps power like the left pump did.

What is up with this reeflink. This is why I wanted manual mode since I think there are to many glitches in this and due to the fact that they have software problems on the night mode in manual. A little help on why my right pump is running at 100% and blowing things all around when it should be in anti sync 24 hour mode to the left pump and running at 15% from 11:00 pm to 9:00 am is beyond me.

Did you click the Program Aquarium button to save the changes to your VorTechs? Another thing to check is to make sure that your pumps where not set to master/slave mode outside of ESL. Once you control and schedule your VorTechs from EcoSmart Live and your ReefLink, you specify the master/slave relationships from the schedule. Could you please PM me your ESL user account email so we could check out your profile to make sure everything is setup properly?

After we have exhausted all possible causes, it might be best to factory reset your pumps and reprogram them. That way we know we have a fresh start. I know we have many users with this kind of configuration and it is working well. We will get it figured out.

Gotcha!
09/07/2015, 07:15 PM
No Problem,

I sent you a PM as asked to see if it is on my side on the programming.

I also did do a clean reset of pumps prior to putting the pumps back on the reef link program. I can easily always do that again if needed.