PDA

View Full Version : waveline dc pumps

christopherjudd
08/22/2015, 09:35 AM
any waveline dc pump users? looking to get one from brs and just want to check how these pumps are

Kies1
08/22/2015, 12:19 PM
been using for quite some time, been very happy with it so far. The flow ratings are way off in my opinion

michael.lemke
08/22/2015, 12:24 PM
I have one running my tank and basement sump. Wave line 10000 I I. 6foot vertical and 15 ft horizontal. I have had it for over a year. Runs silent and strong.

BrettDS
08/22/2015, 06:15 PM
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a DeepWater Aquatics BLDC 12 from salty supply, which happens to be local to me. It's my understanding that the DeepWater pump is just a rebadged waveline. I've got about 16 feet of vertical head, but it goes nearly straight up and it seems to be working well. Like a pp said, I think the head charts are a bit optimistic.

The DC adapter gets very hot... Almost too hot to touch, which worries me a bit... I actually just set up a fan to blow on it, which seems to be helping. My fish room is off of my garage and I'm in Florida, so it can get up to 82 or 83 in the fish room, which probably doesn't help.

I believe the pump is adding a decent amount of heat to the tank as well, but it's hard to tell how much as, like I said, the ambient temp of the fish room can be in the low 80's as well. (I have the pump submerged in my sump)

It has a metric sized output, so you'll need an adapter to connect to standard US pipes. Salty supply sells them and I imagine that BRS does as well. Originally I had it plumbed directly to 1 inch PVC, but it introduced a decent amount of noise and vibration into the plumbing and it was quite audible in the house. I have since added a 6 inch section of 1.25 inch silicone hose before the PVC and it made a huge difference in the noise level. The pump is still audible in the fish room, but not at all on the other side of the wall.

Overall I'm reasonably happy with it, but if I had unlimited funds I would go with a red dragon DC pump.

robertifly
08/22/2015, 06:32 PM
I use the waveline 6000, been using for the return pump on my 90 gal. It does a decent job, I use it external and it is very quite. I purchased a second one for back up (always a good idea for a critical pump) and to use while cleaning. As stated the adapter gets hot but then all the adapters for the dc get hot whether for lights or pumps, the good thing is it will keep the heat out of the tank :)

Vinny Kreyling
08/23/2015, 12:05 PM
So Far So Good on my 2nd one, generation 1 only lasted slightly over a year but they have improved 2G.

zachfishman
08/23/2015, 12:27 PM
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a DeepWater Aquatics BLDC 12 from salty supply, which happens to be local to me. It's my understanding that the DeepWater pump is just a rebadged waveline. I've got about 16 feet of vertical head, but it goes nearly straight up and it seems to be working well. Like a pp said, I think the head charts are a bit optimistic.

I've heard this too. How off do you think the flow charts are? 10%? 25%?

christopherjudd
08/23/2015, 05:57 PM
what is the manufacturer warranty on these pumps?

BrettDS
08/23/2015, 06:54 PM
I've heard this too. How off do you think the flow charts are? 10%? 25%?

It's really hard to say. Before I moved my sump to my fish room I was using a return pump which should have been moving the water at about 350 GPH according to its head chart, but I have no idea how accurate that was.

Also, when I moved the sump to the fish room and started using the new pump I also plumbed two additional tanks in, which are also in the fish room, so they are only at about 4 feet of head.

With the new pump I believe I'm getting around 200 GPH in each of the two tanks in the fish room and around 350 GPH in the main tank with the new pump on full blast.

According to the new pump's flow chart I should get close to 2000GPH at 16 feet of head and 1000GPH at 19 feet of head, so it seems to be pretty far off. But the problem is that there are a lot of unknowns. I know that it's pushing the water about 16 feet up, but while it's mostly vertical there are still some 90's in the pipe, which probably add additional head. Also, I really have no way to measure the flow, so I'm just estimating based on what I saw with my previous pump, but again, I don't know that that pump's flow chart is any more accurate. Additionally there are the two new tanks that it's also supplying water to and my estimate for flow there as well.

andrek787
08/23/2015, 11:32 PM
Brett, I have been looking at these same pumps, the #12 model is rated 3200gph @ 0 feet and ~0 gph @ 21ft Are you sure the chart is in Gph and not L\h?

BrettDS
08/24/2015, 02:50 AM
Brett, I have been looking at these same pumps, the #12 model is rated 3200gph @ 0 feet and ~0 gph @ 21ft Are you sure the chart is in Gph and not L\h?

I believe so. It's certainly labeled GPH, as least, and like you said, it tops out just under 3200GPH at 0ft

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/e57f823acece685a8f6fdac58698a2c6.jpg

gcarroll
08/24/2015, 09:19 AM
The BLDC is not made in the same factory as the Waveline. There is another pump manufacturer that uses a pump motor made in the same factory however it's not Waveline, Jebao, Jecod, Speedwave, ect...

andrek787
08/24/2015, 01:03 PM
Both Waveline 12000 and BLDC 12 are rated at 132 watts. Waveline 12000 flow chart shows 2000Lph at 5m, which about 500Gph at 16 feet. Unless Deepwater invented some magic impeller that 300% more efficient, their flowchart is complete BS.

BrettDS
08/24/2015, 01:11 PM
Both Waveline 12000 and BLDC 12 are rated at 132 watts. Waveline 12000 flow chart shows 2000Lph at 5m, which about 500Gph at 16 feet. Unless Deepwater invented some magic impeller that 300% more efficient, their flowchart is complete BS.

Yeah, I was just looking at the two charts. It definitely looks like the BLDC chart is way off.