PDA

View Full Version : ATI powermodule - help needed

Andrew D
08/25/2015, 09:25 PM
Hi. I picked up 2 used ATI powermodule fixtures (10 bulb 4 footer, and an 8 bulb 4 footer) and I'm having some difficulty with both. One channel on the 8 bulber isn't working, but before I replace the ballast I'm wondering if there's anything else that it might be. I've heard there are sometimes issues with the black box but I'm not sure if they manifest this way. The problem with the 10 bulber is more puzzling, as it trips my GFI seconds after being plugged in even when it is the only thing plugged into the circuit. Is this also the ballast, or something else?

Thanks for your help. Andrew

Andrew D
08/31/2015, 05:32 PM
Well, I didn't get the help I needed from the forum, but did hear back from ATI North America so wanted to share the result with those who might be in a similar situation in the future. Apparently the ATI T5 fixtures have a built in protection circuit that will turn off the ballast in case of electrical arcing or lamp failure, which makes the GFI unnecessary. They recommended removing the GFI or making sure that the trigger point is greater than 1.0 milliamp. When I removed the GFI and tried again, lo and behold, it worked. Unfortunately I am still left with a ballast I need to replace, but that's better than the whole unit :)

Andrew