PDA

View Full Version : Yellow longnose butterflyfish cut?

Rangerbob86
08/26/2015, 07:09 PM
I’ve had a yellow longnose butterflyfish for 3 weeks now. He’s currently in a 75 gallon quarantine tank with an Aquaclear 110 filter, a couple of airstones and a powerhead. When I first got him, he refused pellet food but ate mysis right up. I tried switching it up and feeding him Rods frozen 5 or 6 days ago, and he didn’t touch it. Ever since then, he barely eats anything. He will swim up to every piece of food floating around, but will only eat maybe 1 or 2 of them. I’ve tried a few drops of garlic extreme in the mysis, tried selcon, and tried krill and bloodworms as well. He will barely eat anything. Today, I noticed it looks like his nose is cut. Any idea what this could be, or what to do at this point? The temperature is 80, ph is 8.2, salinity is 1.024, and there is no ammonia. Any help is appreciated.

Georgephoenix
08/27/2015, 04:42 AM
Mine did the exact same. I had him 7 weeks, feeding well, and then looked as if he had cuts or had bruised skin.... it turned out to be internal parasite infection, and I couldn't treat in time. However it was at the base of his back fun, so whether this is the case with yours I'm not so sure.

Rangerbob86
08/27/2015, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry to hear that. What would you recommend...I have prazi pro and cupramine on hand...