PDA

View Full Version : New tank please help

Peterbran
08/26/2015, 07:34 PM
I have a 125 center over flow with 2 drains and 2 returns. When I was filling the water was coming out of both drains very good. Now it seems one is stealing more flow then the other and 1 would not drain at all. I have valves on the drain and I started to adjust them ( close) a little to get both flowing. Also one drain stand pipe is about a 1/2 inch shorter then the other is that the problem?

ericarenee
08/26/2015, 07:53 PM
I Think its like that on purpose..
I would leave it where one is Wide open and the other takes the extra flow.. If its one OVER Flow box....

This will give you some Wiggle room on your pump... Its better to be able to handle a bit more water then having a pump that can over run the Over flow....

You can adjust for noise Just try to not close one at all if you can help it.

Peterbran
08/26/2015, 08:03 PM
So basically one drain would be considered a emergency drain then? My pump is adjustable so flow with that is not a problem.

thegrun
08/26/2015, 09:52 PM
Correct, you want the lower drain pipe to handle nearly all the water, the second drain should have very little if any water draining down it. By slowing down the water in the lower drain you can back the water up to your overflow box, making it very quiet. The emergency drain should be always wide open, so it there is a valve be sure it is fully open.