PDA

View Full Version : Reefbreeder photon w issue

Ryan15236
08/30/2015, 01:18 PM
I have a 60 inch photon wireless over my reef tank and the weirdest thing is happening. The light is awesome and is doing a great job on my mixed reef. However I came home early friday around 4pm and the light was off? I have it set on the 24 hour programming and this is like peak time for the light so it is definitely not programmed off. Then today I was around the house all day and sure enough it shut down around 3pm. Both times I have pushed the power button on the remote and the light has came back on. I have had it on the tank for a week so I imagine it has been doing this all week and turning back on before I get home around 5-6pm. Anyone had this issue with the light? Definitely not good though. I is freaking my corals out. I wonder why my duncans and some of my zoas have been closed when I got home. Probably the 2 hour intermission between lighting because today everything has been open and I caught the light right when it did it.

lex2lo
08/30/2015, 03:21 PM
Following this as am considering this light

Ryan15236
08/30/2015, 03:49 PM
Great light for the price. This worries me though however. I have a had a few other minor questions and Logan has always been right on top of it with a solution very quickly. Hoping this to be the same case, although it is super odd that is doing this. Not sure if the light is turning itself off or the remote is doing it against the schedule I programmed in. Only running this light at max 35%. It is bright.

Reefstarter2
08/30/2015, 04:54 PM
Give Logan a call I am sure he will help you out . I have yet to pull the trigger on led but if I do it will be one of the reefbreeders I think . Can't beat the price and having talked to Logan a very nice person to deal with

Ryan15236
08/30/2015, 10:35 PM
Got up with Logan and he says probably faulty controller or wifi module. I am just going to have him send me the parts and I'm going to mak the repair. I wouldn't hesitate getting a light from him. They really are great lights and if any issues do come up Logan is always right on top of it with great customer service.

fraggin corals
08/31/2015, 09:52 AM
My photon 32 was doing the same thing. After talking to Logan, turned out it was a wireless toy of my daughter's that was causing fixture to shut off against program. Simple fix was toy went bye bye. Love these lights and Reef Breeders is a great company to deal thing.