PDA

View Full Version : Chemipure Elite or Blue

brett559
08/31/2015, 11:14 AM
I want to give one of the Chemipure products a try. My sump doesn't really have room for a reactor right now, so I'm intrigued by a product that will have a little GFO along with the carbon.

I called a rep at Boyd and he said either the Elite or Blue would work - although given that my tank is new, he thought the Elite might work better as it's a less strong version.

I know it's not the cheapest way to add carbon, but I like the simplicity. Would it really matter - Elite or Blue?

Tweaked
08/31/2015, 11:51 AM
Wasn't aware of less potent being the factor.. however elite has been used in FW environments for years and has DI resin which benefited the use in FW tanks. It is however useless in our SW systems and they finally came out with blue after more and more started using it with the boom of AIO tanks. I do suppose if they removed the DI resin, and the elite and blue have the same weight, then one would guess it has more of the carbon etc. making it stronger. I am only speculating though.

Mark9
08/31/2015, 12:21 PM
I use the blue in my Red Sea Max.
Been using for years, no issues.
Used Elite before blue came out.

Brock123
08/31/2015, 12:34 PM
I only new too reefing I been using Elite for the last 8 months so far been good water crystal clear and use a 100ml bag of purigen .

GMay
08/31/2015, 01:38 PM
I have two tanks. One running with Elite and the other with Blue and both seem to work fine. I have used Elite on my first tank since it was started back in May 2014 and have been happy with the results. Only been using Blue for the last couple of months on my other tank.