PDA

View Full Version : Can I add more fishes?

wesamazmy
09/01/2015, 07:43 AM
Hi guys,

I have 55g tank, with 20k live rock, 7g sump and skimmer

I have these fishes:
- Three strips damsel
- Yellow tail damsel
- Blue divil damsel
- Ambon damsel
- Speckled damsel
(too much damsel, I know love them!)
- Yellow dottyback (aggressive more than damsel)
- Cleaner shrimp
- Camel shrimp
- 4 harmet crabs
- anemone
- 2 LBS corals (Goniopora)

I am planing to get Gobies, which kind of Gobies can live with what I have and how many Gobies I can get for 55g tank?

this is my tank if you would like to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdnCwuLvNts

Thanks for your advice.

lonbrat
09/01/2015, 10:45 AM
What type of anemone is it ? I've heard some gobies don't fare well with agressive ones.
Id only get one or two gobies with that stock, maybe consider a goby and a blenny lol I think the Midas blenny would work with a goby, and lawnmower blennies are a hit or miss with gobies.
// I advertise blennies everywhere- by far my favorite fish and similar to gobies//

I know the shrimp gobies are really nice- mine are. And they have bright colored ones, like the yellow watchman goby etc. They make funny faces when aggravated, but I've never had one attack anything, even when provoked . I've heard about clown gobies being great too, but Ive never had one personally

CedzAquAddictio
09/01/2015, 10:53 AM
You can add a couple of gobies. Pretty much any one of the smaller ones will be alright in a 55g, but be prepared for your damsels to harass the hell out of them (especially in the beginning)...

Also: What type of anemone is that? It looks a little bleached. What type of lights are you running?

Edit: Nevermind. I see your signature... Not sure if those lights are sufficient. That tank may be a little new for an anemone. JMO...

Dkuhlmann
09/01/2015, 02:08 PM
Before you add anything you need to get your tank straight. I can pretty much guarantee that your water parameters are off and that your lighting isn't sufficient for corals or anemones.

wesamazmy
09/02/2015, 04:47 AM
Thanks for you, Yes I am going to increase my lights ASAP
I will try to remove the dottyback from the tank before decide to add any more fish!

Dkuhlmann
09/02/2015, 05:33 AM
I want to know what your water reading parameters are.

wesamazmy
09/02/2015, 06:54 AM
I want to know what your water reading parameters are.

Hi, sorry for being delay

SG: 1.022
ALK: 8 dKH
PH: 7.9
nitrate: 5 - 10 ppm
Phosphate: 0.05 ppm
Magnesium: 1200 ppm
Temp: 26 - 29 c

I know that I have problem with lights and am working to add 100 watts to my current lights

please let me know if you need more information?

wesamazmy
09/14/2015, 05:19 AM
Hi dears,

I return the dottyback to the store before a week.
All fishes now doing better without that monster.

Now I am planning to add some of these fishes

1- six line wrass
2- goby
3- Midas blenny
4- Ocellaris Clownfish or Clarkii Clownfish

please advice
Thanks

CedzAquAddictio
09/14/2015, 09:39 AM
I'd start off by striking that six line off of your list. Especially if you want clownfish...

Check out some of the other more peaceful wrasses out there.

JMO...

bat21
09/14/2015, 08:38 PM
I'm scared for any peaceful fish you put in there. If you want gobies or blennies, maybe try for ones that spend most of their time on the sandbed. That way the damsels won't bother them as much.

Dkuhlmann
09/15/2015, 04:30 AM
Do not get a 6 line wrasse, they are bad bad bad fish.

What are the nitrite and ammonia readings?

You need to raise that sg to 1.026, in doing so it will raise a few of the others as well. So get the nitrite and ammonia readings first before messing with the sg.

Spacekitty
09/15/2015, 03:10 PM
Make sure to increase the sg slowly. A drastic change is never liked by fish/corals/cuc.

I am going to agree with not adding that six line...They are known to be aggressive and just total jerks to other fish. There are quite a few other types of wrasse that are pretty and less...nasty

ogarcia_1993
09/15/2015, 03:46 PM
I disagree, my six line is very friendly with my two clowns and yellow tang
Id say to introduce the wrasse last

ogarcia_1993
09/15/2015, 03:46 PM
Also have a diamond Goby they are neat to watch

Deinonych
09/15/2015, 04:15 PM
I disagree, my six line is very friendly with my two clowns and yellow tang
Id say to introduce the wrasse last

That's because the wrasse can't intimidate the clownfish or tang. :)

wesamazmy
09/16/2015, 04:04 AM
Do not get a 6 line wrasse, they are bad bad bad fish.

What are the nitrite and ammonia readings?

You need to raise that sg to 1.026, in doing so it will raise a few of the others as well. So get the nitrite and ammonia readings first before messing with the sg.

Yes I raised the SG to 1.025 now, thats reading a little bit old, nitrite and ammonia are zero

thanks for your advice as am going to exclude the 6 line wrasse

wesamazmy
09/16/2015, 04:26 AM
what about blenny? can keep them with damsel and gobies?

wesamazmy
09/16/2015, 04:41 AM
Also have a diamond Goby they are neat to watch

this gonna to be one if my choices :)
thank you

wesamazmy
09/16/2015, 04:43 AM
I'd start off by striking that six line off of your list. Especially if you want clownfish...

Check out some of the other more peaceful wrasses out there.

JMO...

thanks for your advice, but do you suggest any kind of wrasse could working with what I have?

Deinonych
09/16/2015, 08:08 AM
thanks for your advice, but do you suggest any kind of wrasse could working with what I have?

Flasher wrasses (Paracheilinus sp.) would work in your size tank.