PDA

View Full Version : Elos aquariums

-=DieselDave=-
09/02/2015, 06:55 AM
It looks like CoralVue is no longer working with Elos. All aquariums systems have been removed from their website, the Elos sub forum on the CoralVue forum here on reef central has also been removed. All this has happened after the Elos announcement of Counterfeit tanks in the U.S. Market.

Do you guys have any information on this?

I have also asked this on the CoralVue fourm under the other products sub forums with no response from CoralVue.

Thank you,
David

MBC2012
09/02/2015, 07:14 AM
Pretty interesting. I had a tank failure a few months back. Unfortunately for me, i was to close to the 2 year warranty for it to be covered under Elos warranty and got no response from CV. In fact they contacted the store owner i bought the tank from and he responded to me with some texts. Sad that you pay big money for something and they don't stand behind their product. This was a XL160. This made a mess when the front seam let go.

AquariumSpecialty
09/03/2015, 10:11 AM
Without divulging privileged information, I can say that any tanks involved were produced by Elos' manufacturer/fabricator using the same materials, construction, and design as an Elos tank. Allegedly sold outside of Elos' licensed distribution system and not marked with their brand logo.

Michael E. Atwater, Esq.
General Counsel to Aquarium Specialty, Aqua Specialty and
BioTek Marine

this is me
09/03/2015, 01:23 PM
Pretty interesting. I had a tank failure a few months back. Unfortunately for me, i was to close to the 2 year warranty for it to be covered under Elos warranty and got no response from CV. In fact they contacted the store owner i bought the tank from and he responded to me with some texts. Sad that you pay big money for something and they don't stand behind their product. This was a XL160. This made a mess when the front seam let go.

Same here. Paid big money for the Elos 160XL but the service is non-existent. Now I'm really glad that Chris took his sweet-a$$ time to response to a custom Elos quote and eventually stopped responding. I went with Miracle...

Elos really need a good representative to expand their product and show the world why their product cost as much as they do. I would gladly pay for an Elos tank. However, I also expect service when I need it.

alin2
09/03/2015, 01:39 PM
I have a custom ELOS tank coming in from Italy. The tank and stand are on the Elos Facebook page.

PM me if ur interested in a contact directly to Elos for a custom tank.

I think more info may be forthcoming at MACNA.

this is me
09/03/2015, 01:47 PM
I wish I was able to reach out to someone not Chris when I was looking for a custom upgraded tank. I went to the .EU site and they re-directed me to Chris and said since you're in the US, we have a US distributor and please get in touch with them.

It's already way too late now. My tank upgrade is schedule to arrive next week from Miracle.

I really hope Elos will announce a respectable distributor or representative at MACNA or the near future.

-=DieselDave=-
09/03/2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the update Scott :)

-=DieselDave=-
09/03/2015, 02:46 PM
Wow, I recently ordered a Elos system should I be worried that what shows up is not the real deal?

DDRR
09/03/2015, 03:37 PM
Such a shame. Elos tanks are one of the nicest aquariums out there. The customer service in the U.S. NEEDS to return to or exceed the level that Jesse provided when handling the Brand.

AquariumSpecialty
09/04/2015, 05:24 AM
For clarification purposes...

The name, "Chris" has been mentioned in previous posts in this thread. He does not work for our company.

this is me
09/04/2015, 09:23 AM
Sorry, if I wasn't clear. My intention wasn't to mislead people that the bad customer service I got was from Aquarium Specialty. Coralvue was the sole distributor of Elos since Elos USA left a couple years ago. This was when, IME/IMO, the service went down the shoot hole.
I really hope whoever picks up Elos in a couple days/weeks/years can provide the prestige service that Elos once has with Elos USA. I've been with Elos for over 10 years now. Started with my previous system 70 and now the 160XL, I'm very happy with the build quality and I really want the world to see or at least know what Elos is all about.

It really struck the other night that one of a local reef club members come to pick up a pair of angels and he said "I didn't know Elos make such a nice tank" when he walked around the 160XL and checked it out.

I remember when I first saw the Elos display at my LFS. I was pretty much right away ordered one. Because it was unique, classy, and well built. Now, you walk into the LFS and you barely see any Elos products, never mind a display tank for customer to see. Couple that with less than average customer service, the Elos line will quickly be forgotten.

Yes, I've forsaken Elos with the new tank build. But I've not forgotten it...

MBC2012
09/04/2015, 11:41 AM
I can say my XL160 had the logo on it. Was asked what side of the tank it was on when i was trying to get it replaced. Anyone know what the difference would be from a tank with the logo on the left or right side of the glass?

this is me
09/04/2015, 11:48 AM
My system 70 has the logo on the right side, front, and at about the level of the water line. My 160XL is the same.

MBC2012
09/04/2015, 12:03 PM
Same here. I was asked when i was looking at a replacement which side it was on. Wonder what the different sides represe

jwalters103
09/05/2015, 04:23 AM
my 160 has the logo on the left side at the water line, but my overflow is also on the left side. My guess is that the logo is on the same side as the overflow. hopefully. I still need to contact elos and make sure mine is not a fake as my overflow looks different than either of the ones in the notice they sent out. I'm hoping they just redesigned the plumbing and I have the old style. Its tough to get a hold of anyone to find out though.

Although, the notice they sent out said the logo would be on the right side, so I suppose this could also be reason for them asking, if that is an indicator of whether the tank is genuine or not.... I hope its just related to which side the overflow is. Elos really needs to get Jesse back and open a dedicated forum here so we can get these things answered, especially now with this counterfeit debacle and loss of the U.S. distributor, I'm sure a lot of people are going to want and need answers.

alin2
09/05/2015, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty sure we are going to hear a lot of news re: Elos post MACNA.

I have to say that I had a really poor experience with Jesse on a custom Elos and lost a reasonable amount of money on a deposit for a custom tank that never materialized. I, for one, am not sad that Jesse is no longer with Elos.

this is me
09/16/2015, 01:09 PM
Well, Macna came and left. Any news on who's the new distributor? My miracles tank arrived and it's a mess....

MBC2012
09/16/2015, 01:16 PM
Whats up with your Miracles tank?

I'd say theres enough tank builders out there, and Elos is kinda fading. I for one will never purchase another. Service doesn't match the cost.

this is me
09/16/2015, 01:21 PM
I sent you a link to where you can see the Miracles tank I just received yesterday.

alin2
09/16/2015, 01:29 PM
Yes. Sam from Wet Work is now the official ELOS custom tank installer in the US. I ordered my custom ELOS tank which is on its way to my home as we speak. I should have it in the next day or so.

It won't be installed until the last week of September.

I ordered the tank before the new ELOS Diamond glass and new Quiet overflow was released which look amazing. My overflow is custom to have an emergency drain and their standard drain.

I do not know who is the US distributor for standard ELOS tanks.

Good luck!

AquariumSpecialty
09/16/2015, 01:52 PM
Elos appears to be moving towards a new distribution model. More on that when they are ready to make an official announcement. We are currently ordering standard sized aquariums and aquarium products direct from Nicola at Elos. Yes, Sam is handling the custom work for Elos. His work is exceptional.

Thank you,

bitwise
10/04/2015, 08:49 PM
Anyone have any updates? I posted a separate thread about a month ago. I was told to contact The New York aqua studio (actually in Jersey) or the Dallas (I think it was Dallas) aqua studio. I sent the NY one a detailed email asking for a price quote and other info, and have heard nothing back. Their website and store seem to be under renovation.

bitwise
10/04/2015, 08:57 PM
Sorry. Didn't realize until after I posted this, that this is a sponsor forum.

Do you have new standard size Elos aquariums for sale?

remiball
10/13/2015, 08:16 AM
Anyone have any updates? I posted a separate thread about a month ago. I was told to contact The New York aqua studio (actually in Jersey) or the Dallas (I think it was Dallas) aqua studio. I sent the NY one a detailed email asking for a price quote and other info, and have heard nothing back. Their website and store seem to be under renovation.

New York Aqua is open and has excellent customer service. I would call them if you can. Was there this weekend, they are adding to the displays in the store, would not call it a renovation.

bboersma79
10/23/2015, 04:26 PM
Is the Absolute aluminum stand available yet, shows available on the UK site. Looking for stand for 120XL, let me know who can help me out with this.

wet work
10/23/2015, 07:54 PM
Is the Absolute aluminum stand available yet, shows available on the UK site. Looking for stand for 120XL, let me know who can help me out with this.

PM me. I can help get you taken care of.

Best,
Sam