PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Clownfish Temperament?

SoloChromis
09/02/2015, 08:53 AM
I'm sad to report that my beloved female percula clown has passed away, most likely couldn't handle the stress of transport. I'm now looking into getting a pair of clowns for my new 60g cube and have always loved the orange skunk clownfish (Amphiprion sandaracinos). I've kept a wild caught specimen before and she was a model citizen, but I know clowns typically become aggressive in pairs. Any comments on this underrated species would be much appreciated. Thanks guys :spin1:

Toddrtrex
09/02/2015, 10:44 AM
I had a spawning pair for 4 years (( give or take )) and sold them when I took down their 75. Near the end of their time with me they were getting a bit more aggressive --- mainly towards my flameback angel, which happened to be the smallest fish in that tank. Nothing too bad, but was something that I was keeping an eye on.

Highly underrated clowns, and I do miss them. Once settled (( we are moving soon, and then building a new house )), I may concerned getting another pair.

That pair wasn't nearly as bad as my spawning pair of Amphiprion perideraion, (( pink skunks )) --- which were hands down the most aggressive pair of clowns that I have ever owned, including spawning Clarkiis and spawning maroons.