PDA

View Full Version : Stocking advice

Duke4life
09/02/2015, 04:29 PM
With a final stock list done I could use help on when to add as I might be waiting until the other hemisphere starts coming more back in for some additions:

In DT:
Chainlink eel, red and purple firefish, carpenters flasher wrasse, 2 skunk cleaner shrimp. Cirrhilabrus pylei in QT.

Want:
A pair of clowns
A combo of Bluehead fairy wrasse and pink margin fairy wrasse
A squaretail Bristletooth tang

If possible:
Another fairy? Or reef safe wrasse? Other type of fish not on my list if not maxed.

Would it be ok to get a pair of juvenile clowns and add them to QT and have them as next addition?

Should I wait to add the pylei until I have the other wrasses?

Since my last mess up with the wrasses I've gone to getting 1-2 fish through QT before adding more.

Giovanni
09/02/2015, 05:28 PM
Your not worried about that Chainlink eel eating your smaller fish?

Duke4life
09/02/2015, 06:42 PM
Your not worried about that Chainlink eel eating your smaller fish?

Not really, in the 12 weeks he's been with 2 shrimp there's never been any hunting signs, or towards any of the 3 fish that have been added. Besides what I feed he has gone after the emerald crab I added that he has yet to take it down. Everyone knows who the big dog is in the tank. Not saying that he won't ever but feel pretty good considering their main diet is crustaceans in the wild. Now a hungry eel is a whole different ball game, come to think about it that is the only times he has went after the crab is when I pushed feeding to 12+ hours between feedings, won't ever go that long considering I have 3 dogs that have to be let out to potty.

Crazy maybe but everything I came across and the interactions on here both those that have one or have had one lead me to believe that it's temperament is more in line with the zebra just no crustaceans. I haven't been rushing it I just want to be sure on this because that is where some of my questions come into play.

The 1st sign of any I'll be trapping and removing whatever fish I need to. I want a happy tank, not a battleground.

Duke4life
09/02/2015, 06:43 PM
What part of Kentucky Giovanni?

Giovanni
09/02/2015, 07:11 PM
West near KY Lake.

Duke4life
09/12/2015, 09:49 AM
As the title states I do have 1 in a 20 gal QT that I feel very good about health wise, only difference I've seen is since he became only fish in QT its become more reclusive, other fish it was very active. It does eat twice a day and I will occasionally see it out and about.

I currently have a carpenters flasher wrasse in my 125 DT and was wondering if I added the pylei now if adding a Cirrhilabrus Cyanopleura and Cirrhilabrus Rubrimarginatus later would work? The carpenters was picked on by the pylei in the 20 (was told 2 small for both, also pylei was 1st). Had this wrasse list checked and okay'd, it's just I have the pylei ready to go and the others not in hand yet.

To move or not to move is the ? I have