PDA

View Full Version : Change in Clownish behavior

QuiGonJay
09/02/2015, 05:58 PM
I have had 2 Clownish for about 7 months. Normally they are out and about, all over the tank. But for the past week or so they've been very skittish, literally afraid of their own shadow. They stay very close or in the rocks and if I have my hands near the tank or walk up suddenly they disappear in a flash. They previously would steal food from me if I target fed coral. Tank parts are consistent, no new additions to tank. Only difference is the addition of a new led light which is going through acclimation mode (gradually increase to intensity). Could that have thrown off the clowns? My cardinal fish (only other fish in tank) are fine. Still active and eating (when they aren't too scared). Just curious as the the behavior change.

thegrun
09/02/2015, 06:03 PM
Is it possible they have or are about to lay eggs?

QuiGonJay
09/02/2015, 08:10 PM
I was wondering that. They are sticking close to a specific cave and will dart out to grab a bite to eat but then rush back to it.

QuiGonJay
09/02/2015, 08:11 PM
Can't see eggs but it's hard to look inside the rock cave. I will get a good flashlight and take a look tomorrow (don't want to freak them out tonight)

shifty51008
09/02/2015, 09:40 PM
Try to use a flashlight with a red lens

theatrus
09/02/2015, 10:04 PM
Concur on the egg laying.