PDA

View Full Version : Bleached Ricordea

serbusfish
09/07/2015, 05:48 AM
A few weeks ago a received a Ricordea frag, however it accidentally fell into my tank before it could be acclimated. I took it straight out and dipped in coral rx anyway, but it has always looked very grey with a few green spots near the edges. I thought it was recovering but it looks totally white now, is there anything I can do to save it?

joshkirkland83
09/07/2015, 05:56 AM
Sounds like something more is going on. I've never acclimated rhodactis or ricordea and all of mine are multiplying like crazy and very healthy.

Dkuhlmann
09/07/2015, 08:35 AM
Sounds like it's in shock. All you can do is pray and wait. I'm pulling for ya and good luck

ca1ore
09/07/2015, 08:53 AM
I have been keeping ricordia for decades. On occasion a new one will bring in some kind of disease. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, though I suspect some kind of bacterial infection that manifests by the mushroom slowly bleaching and then dying. It spreads to both other ricordia and other mushrooms. It would be interesting to try antibiotic treatment, though I have not. Typically the infection will eventually burn out, and remaining mushrooms will the repopulate.

Interestingly, I have been having this problem again lately (from an un QT'd ricordia) and one interesting side effect was the complete destruction of all the Majanos in my tank. Go figure.

serbusfish
09/09/2015, 10:48 AM
Sounds like something more is going on. I've never acclimated rhodactis or ricordea and all of mine are multiplying like crazy and very healthy.

To be honest I didnt have a good look at it in when it was in the bag, its possible it was already in a bad way from shipping.

I have been keeping ricordia for decades. On occasion a new one will bring in some kind of disease. I'm not really sure what it is exactly, though I suspect some kind of bacterial infection that manifests by the mushroom slowly bleaching and then dying. It spreads to both other ricordia and other mushrooms. It would be interesting to try antibiotic treatment, though I have not. Typically the infection will eventually burn out, and remaining mushrooms will the repopulate.

Interestingly, I have been having this problem again lately (from an un QT'd ricordia) and one interesting side effect was the complete destruction of all the Majanos in my tank. Go figure.

I hope its not that! All my other mushrooms are really healthy at the moment.

Dkuhlmann
09/09/2015, 11:14 AM
So are you going to post a picture of it or have us keep guessing what's wrong LOL :D

serbusfish
09/09/2015, 03:06 PM
So are you going to post a picture of it or have us keep guessing what's wrong LOL :D

Sorry somehow I forgot about that :uhoh3:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/serbusfish/DSC_1067.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/serbusfish/media/DSC_1067.jpg.html)