PDA

View Full Version : Which pellets for tangs who have stopped eating pellets?

holdyourlight
09/07/2015, 10:26 AM
I have 2 Yellow Tangs and a Kole that used to eat Sustainable Aquatics Hatchery Diet Pellets with gusto, and no longer eve look at them. I've offered Formula 2 pellets and New Era Algae pellets, which i have on hand as well lately with no luck. The tangs are healthy and disease free and still love frozen mysis and Fish Frenzy frozen foods, but i really want to get them back on pellets. Any ideas? I was thinking of maybe trying NLS finicky or thera-a?

shifty51008
09/07/2015, 10:42 AM
Nls thera-a are great pellets even for picky eaters.

holdyourlight
09/07/2015, 05:35 PM
Nls thera-a are great pellets even for picky eaters.

Thanks. I think i'll try those next. I will be surprised if they take to them, actually. They won't even look at nori anymore. Only frozen food for some reason. It's really annoying. The other 11 fish in the same tank eat pellets with no problem

pyithar
09/07/2015, 05:50 PM
my kole tang and yellow tang love both nls thera-a and finicky formula pellets. i think they took the finicky pellets first. all my fish like finicky pellets. its smell and color are a bit different from thera-a.

holdyourlight
09/08/2015, 07:38 AM
i think there's something more going on here. Just going to start a new thread. I noticed they weren't interested in frozen yesterday either.. Something is causing appetite suppression..

nuxx
09/08/2015, 10:40 AM
We have Black, Yellow, Chevron and YB Blue Tangs and all eat the different varieties of New Life Spectrum pellets.