PDA

View Full Version : Banggai Cardinal Fry Feeding

rober1217
09/07/2015, 02:38 PM
Hello, so I have a male Banggai that's been carrying for around 15 days, it has come to a point where I have to start thinking about what will I feed the fry when they hatch. I haver read about people using anything from BBS tu cyclopeze to tigger pods etc... I wanted to know if anyone had experience with any of these. Which is the easiest food I could use and which one would be the best?

Thanks

shifty51008
09/07/2015, 05:52 PM
Newley hatched bbs will be the easiest to raise and feed, ime the babies go nuts for them. You will want to feed the bbs within 6 hours of the bbs hatching though or they lose the eggsack that makes them nutritional.

Lrood
09/07/2015, 07:22 PM
1+. Nhbbs are the staple diet for baby banggais. I usually ran 3 culture bottles, starting a new bottle about every other day. This allowed me to feed some nhbbs daily, then let the others grow a couple of days (being fed & enriched). There have been a few reports of banggai's being raised on pellet from day one (I think Otohime A), but required tricky flow to keep the food suspended in the water column, and more diligent vacuuming.

Good luck with these, they are a joy to raise!

kizanne
09/20/2015, 08:29 AM
I just did bbs they love it. took me a while to wean them to frozen.