PDA

View Full Version : Coral ID 2

Red Sea reefer
09/08/2015, 09:43 AM
So any one know what is this coral and what it need like lighting feeding and where I have to place

Rippinfrags
09/08/2015, 09:45 AM
Gomniopora, medium flow and medium to high light.

Red Sea reefer
09/08/2015, 09:50 AM
Same question feeding and where I have to place it sand or rock and is it easy to take care or ??

Rippinfrags
09/08/2015, 10:08 AM
You want to have an established tank for this coral. However, they are usually quite hardy when they are happy. No need to spot feed this coral and place it in your rock work.

Red Sea reefer
09/08/2015, 10:12 AM
Ok awesome

Buzz1329
09/08/2015, 05:55 PM
You want to have an established tank for this coral. However, they are usually quite hardy when they are happy. No need to spot feed this coral and place it in your rock work.

The last time I even thought abut buying a goniopora -- about 10 years ago -- the consensus was that they were all but impossible, for all but the most exceptional aquarists, to keep alive for more than a year. So I take it that has changed?

I wonder what has changed that makes it possible for them to thrive in average aquarist's tank? LEDs? Improvements in water motion? Ability to keep nutrients lower? Specific nutrients that allow them to flourish?

Thanks,

Mike

Rippinfrags
09/08/2015, 06:46 PM
The last time I even thought abut buying a goniopora -- about 10 years ago -- the consensus was that they were all but impossible, for all but the most exceptional aquarists, to keep alive for more than a year. So I take it that has changed?

I wonder what has changed that makes it possible for them to thrive in average aquarist's tank? LEDs? Improvements in water motion? Ability to keep nutrients lower? Specific nutrients that allow them to flourish?

Thanks,

Mike

I do believe the consensus has changed. Why, I do not know:) Their is a member on RC that has a red goniopora the size of a volleyball and he has fragged it 100's of times. I personally have owned a purple goniopora for the last three years. Mine has survived several tank mishaps, such as an extreme alk spike where I lost most of my sps and some lps corals.

Buzz1329
09/08/2015, 07:35 PM
I do believe the consensus has changed. Why, I do not know:) Their is a member on RC that has a red goniopora the size of a volleyball and he has fragged it 100's of times. I personally have owned a purple goniopora for the last three years. Mine has survived several tank mishaps, such as an extreme alk spike where I lost most of my sps and some lps corals.

Cool. I love them and may make some some room for one in my tanks. How the hell do you frag a goniopora, I wonder. Guess you'd need one of those $400+ "aquasaws."

Mike

Red Sea reefer
09/09/2015, 02:02 AM
hmmmm

Red Sea reefer
09/09/2015, 02:03 AM
Is it that hard to keep I have two of them since I start my tank it was my first coral to add
I didn't know was it the name of them tell yesterday the only thing which I did keeping I good water parameter and LED light and I place it in the top I never feed it and both of them seem to be happy and they grow up