PDA

View Full Version : Green algae problem

crazymnkeyman77
09/13/2015, 03:13 PM
The tank is 3 months old. It has 1 black ice clown, 1 blue green chromis, and 1 royal flasher. I do have about 3 sps corals and 1 frogspawn in there at the moment. I've been having this algae grow incredibly fast and I am worried because this has never happened to any of my tanks. For lighting I have 2 kessil 360's and they are on low intensity. they run from 12 at noon to 10 at night. The algae seems to be hard and like stained into the rock but it also is growing on the sand even if I stir the sand the aglae will grow bigger the next day. my nitrates are a little under 15 ppm. I am about to lower it today... but i am still worried about how much algae is in the tank. I wasnt able to upload the other pictures for some reason. But in person its over all of the other rocks not shown and much worse.

garygonzales
09/13/2015, 03:40 PM
its a new tank ..going thru this stage is normal....

crazymnkeyman77
09/13/2015, 03:49 PM
its a new tank ..going thru this stage is normal....

ok thanks...I guess I've just never experienced it this bad before.

AZRippster
09/13/2015, 04:52 PM
If it continues, consider implementing an Algae Turf Scrubber (ATS). They work great. I was having problems in our 450 until starting one up. Now the only place it grows is in the ATS. Taking GFO offline in the next 2 weeks.