PDA

View Full Version : Lobo - Insight Needed

CUSE1315
09/14/2015, 08:10 AM
About a month ago I got a lobo. Looked great for the first few weeks until my powerhead crapped out (Jebao no surprise there :deadhorse:)

So here is my question.

My lobo looks great at night. Feeder tentacles out, plump and happy.

Although most days it shows its skeleton (only on the top slightly).

I have tried a new placement and set it more on its back then on its side.

None of this seemed to help.

I am working on about 10 days of the new powerheads. Think it just needs time to adjust still?

Thanks in advance :beer:

Tweaked
09/14/2015, 08:35 AM
Welcome to large mouth stony. IME, once I saw skeleton, recovery was a long battle at which the outcomes were typically grim. You can try a dip and then place in low light low flow for a bit and see if that helps. GL

CUSE1315
09/14/2015, 10:19 AM
It seems to be showing the same amount of skeleton each day. Then at night it fully recovers. That is the part that seems to be the most confusing for me. Thanks for the insight!

Mark9
09/14/2015, 10:53 AM
Too much light?
You feed it?

CUSE1315
09/14/2015, 11:17 AM
Yes I do feed it twice a week. I have marsaqua LEDS that are in the tank are running at 25 percent white and 50 percent blue.

aggie13reef
09/14/2015, 09:38 PM
It seems to be showing the same amount of skeleton each day. Then at night it fully recovers. That is the part that seems to be the most confusing for me. Thanks for the insight!

is the actual skeleton showing or is the tissue pressed tightly against it during the day? When my lobo was adjusting to my lighting during the day it was deflated pretty heavily to where you could see the skeleton "points" but the tissue was still present. And for what its worth, later on I had a frogspawn fall onto the lobo and the actual skeleton was showing on one side and the lobo recovered relatively quickly in super low flow.

CUSE1315
09/15/2015, 10:09 AM
Nick

Thank you for bringing this point up. It is actually not showing skeleton per say. It is showing 3 points at what I would call the "top."

Has anyone else experienced this?

Like I said it's still feeding fine at night I see feeders out and it is still responding well to food

aggie13reef
09/15/2015, 08:24 PM
Nick

Thank you for bringing this point up. It is actually not showing skeleton per say. It is showing 3 points at what I would call the "top."

Has anyone else experienced this?

Like I said it's still feeding fine at night I see feeders out and it is still responding well to food

Sounds like it may just still be adjusting to your tank, if it is responding well to food and has its sweepers out at night those are good signs. I would just give it time and keep your tank stable. Post a picture if you can it will help others give input, hopefully everything turns out well!

CUSE1315
09/16/2015, 09:23 AM
I tried to take some photos but am having trouble uploading them and have never done that before. Sorry!

Tweaked
09/16/2015, 10:00 AM
I tried to take some photos but am having trouble uploading them and have never done that before. Sorry!

Setup a photobucket account, upload the photo/s, click on said photo/s and copy the IMG link/s and post in thread here. :thumbsup:

Mark9
09/16/2015, 10:27 AM
Actually, it's better to use the "direct" link.
That way the picture is not linkable.
Using a tablet and inadvertently touching a picture when swiping does not cause a new window with "direct".

Scorpius
09/17/2015, 12:12 PM
I feed my lobo's almost every night. If their feeding tentacles are out I feed it as much as it can swallow. Hungry corals are hungry. :lol:

Dkuhlmann
09/18/2015, 06:04 AM
You can post pictures here from your computer without using an account somewhere else

Click on go advanced, then you will see the box you type in and there are several icon in the top. Click on the paperclip and it will open a new window, select choose file and it will open up where you can navigate on your computer to where the picture is. Once you find that picture you can either double click it or click it and then open. The file will show up underneath the choose button. Now click on the upload button to the right. Once it's finished close this box. Now go to your box where you want to add the picture and just click so the cursor is in a clear spot under your text. Now click the paper clip again and select your photo. It will add it and post the picture in your post.

CUSE1315
09/18/2015, 07:11 AM
Alright thanks for all the help I am going to try and get photos up here shortly for all those that can possibly help. Thanks again!

CUSE1315
09/18/2015, 07:33 AM
This is the original photo of the Lobo from when I had it. It was like this and looked great for about 2 weeks before my RW4 bit the dust.

CUSE1315
09/18/2015, 07:39 AM
After installing the 2 new powerheads my lobo looked even more unhappy so I decided to try to lessen the flow on him. These are some photos after the move. 2 of them you can see parts of the top and bottom of what I believe to be the skeleton showing. The last is a photo from when the lights are still out in the morning.

CUSE1315
09/18/2015, 07:41 AM
Since he wasn't looking the best lately and in talking to some other folks I decided to move him under a shaded rock over hang in my tank where the flow and light were lesser.

This was two days ago. Today when I woke up he had even less feeders out. I am hoping that he is just maybe adjusting and that he isn't taking a turn for the worse.

Any help or insight you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!