PDA

View Full Version : Picasso clowns

Paulguns
09/14/2015, 10:01 AM
I had a pair of Picasso clowns that I purchased 4 months ago. Once they were put into the tank they would swim around mostly in the middle of the tank. After a day, they would only swim at the top corner.

A few months go by, and they were still up at the top.... One day, one of the clowns jumped out, and I didn't catch him in time.... He didn't make it. The second clown is still at the top, and I put my mesh lid on to stop him from jumping out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get him to swim around? or go explore/ stay at the bottom? I don't want to get another anemone because my tank is pretty packed with corals. I have a yellow tang, a green mandarin and the typical clean up crew. The clown acts like it is afraid of something....

Let me know what you guys think...

Jrsdaddy
09/14/2015, 10:23 AM
My clowns did the same thing till I got them a host anemone, now they don't leave the nem. Also do you have any aggressive fish that would prevent them from exploring the tank?

rblackdvm
09/14/2015, 10:47 AM
Or get another clown, just make sure it is smaller than your current one. An anemone would be best though, If your system is capable.

Paulguns
09/14/2015, 11:18 AM
Yea, i may have to try the anemone... I feel bad, he flips out sometimes even when i just walk by the tank...