PDA

View Full Version : Help! Hippa Tang is in trouble

traes
09/14/2015, 05:40 PM
Hi,

My hippa tang is in trouble and I wondering if anyone could help with this. One eye is cloudy and it has been losing it's color for a while. I've been soaking the food in garlic as well as been using Selcon hoping that it would cure it. Noe it not really swimming around the tank because it seems to be blind enough where it can not find the food keep missing it mostly. Attached is a recent photo from today. It's doesn't look good. Please help

traes
09/14/2015, 05:47 PM
Also, I've been trying to feed it Seaweed but doesn't eat that anymore for some reason. Should I quarantine it? Other fish are doing fine. Also have vertebrae shrimp and crabs

PsymonStark
09/14/2015, 05:54 PM
I don't know much about tangs, but he sure looks sick...

cabinetman123
09/14/2015, 05:55 PM
Get some new life spectrum pellets for the next one...

billdogg
09/14/2015, 06:00 PM
Really? You waited until it looked like that to ask for help? IMHO, the best thing you could do for it is catch it, put it in a small container and add enough clove oil to euthanize it.

Then.......Don't add another ANYTHING until you get things in order - clearly THEY ARE NOT!

How big is your tank? How long has it been running? What are your water parameters? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Specific Gravity, Temperature, etc...)(actual numbers please - NOT "they're all ok) Filtration? Are you using carbon? GFO? Other inhabitants? How often do you do water changes?

Without ALL of that information it is really difficult (impossible) to give you any helpful advice.

billsreef
09/14/2015, 06:08 PM
Euthanasia might indeed be the best. It is in bad enough shape that would not give much of a chance, even if it was in my lab.

karimwassef
09/14/2015, 06:08 PM
I feel bad for you but I have to agree.

He's too far gone unless you have a medical tank ready and dips. Take him out and do a freshwater dip if you can. If you have med tank, take salinity down to 1.015 and give him a place to hide.

Based on statistics, he's not going to make it. In my experience, if a fish has stopped eating, it can't make it.

To help you more, you need to share how he got to this state... Stress? Being picked on? Physical injury?

CHSUB
09/14/2015, 06:12 PM
idk where clove oil comes from, but i would use an ice bath to euthanize it.

Bent
09/14/2015, 06:15 PM
That looks bacterial...

Or you put him in a blender.

I would kill that fish. Srs. (Humanely of course)

karimwassef
09/14/2015, 06:18 PM
I think clove oil numbs pain

traes
09/14/2015, 06:25 PM
Dude,

Not sure what your problem is but I've been trying to resolve this issue for a while. I'm sorry we can't all be experts like you... NOT! So if you don't have anything worth while to say I'd appreciate it if you just stay out of this thread. That being said the tank is 75 gallons that's been running for three years. Water changes every two weeks. last temp was 68 degrees. Using Carbon filter through a reactor. Chemical levels will have to be taken Last phosphate reading was .34 which is high. Everything else was within reason. Have Protein skimmer

CHSUB
09/14/2015, 06:26 PM
I think clove oil numbs pain

it's cold blooded, ice bath makes it fall asleep, oil is a terrible idea.

traes
09/14/2015, 06:27 PM
Yellow tang and him haven't been getting along.

traes
09/14/2015, 06:29 PM
It's Still eating.

billdogg
09/14/2015, 06:31 PM
CLOVE oil - not MOTOR oil

Please read:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/euthanasiafaqs.htm

CStrickland
09/14/2015, 06:33 PM
idk where clove oil comes from

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA is like the American Humane Society) for one
http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-the-most-humane-way-to-euthanase-aquarium-fish_403.html

In fact your theory of an ice-bath is specifically listed as inhumane

CHSUB
09/14/2015, 06:38 PM
CLOVE oil - not MOTOR oil

Please read:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/euthanasiafaqs.htm

i could careless what some idiot does on wetwebwhatever.com, dunking a fish in clove oil is beyond stupid!!!!

karimwassef
09/14/2015, 06:39 PM
It's a % clove oil. It acts like a drug.

CHSUB
09/14/2015, 06:40 PM
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA is like the American Humane Society) for one
http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-the-most-humane-way-to-euthanase-aquarium-fish_403.html

ok, i will believe them!!!

BigBlueTang
09/14/2015, 06:48 PM
Yellow tang and him haven't been getting along.

EVER HEARD OF TANK SIZES?
Sorry. A hippo and a yellow are going to die quickly in a 75

CHSUB
09/14/2015, 06:49 PM
this one says ice bath is ok...

http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-health/euthanasia.aspx

here is the author's bio...

Neale Monks studied zoology at the University of Aberdeen in the north of Scotland and obtained his Ph.D. at the Natural History Museum in London. He's also been a marine biologist, a high school teacher, a university professor and a museum's exhibit designer. But his real love has always been tropical fish. His particular interest in brackish water fish culminated in his editing of the first encyclopaedic book on the topic, 'Brackish-Water Fishes', published by TFH in 2007. Neale regularly contributes to all the major English-language fishkeeping magazines, focusing especially on community tanks, biotopes, healthcare and water chemistry issues. After living in London and then for a while in Lincoln, Nebraska, Neale now lives in a quaint cottage in a pretty market town in Hertfordshire, England, where he divides his time between teaching and writing.

billsreef
09/14/2015, 06:56 PM

FYI the last revision of the AVMA considered an ice water slurry of 4'C to be an acceptable humane method of euthanasia for small tropical and subtropical fish. Also clove oil and MS-222 are acceptable methods.

billsreef
09/14/2015, 06:58 PM
Also an RC reminder...

[flamealert]

CStrickland
09/14/2015, 07:08 PM
FYI the last revision of the AVMA considered an ice water slurry of 4'C to be an acceptable humane method of euthanasia for small tropical and subtropical fish. Also clove oil and MS-222 are acceptable methods.

EDIT: it looks like 2013 is the newest edition of the AVMA guidelines, this is from their policy for research facilities (2) Rapid chilling (hypothermic shock) to 2 to 4C is acceptable with conditions for small-bodied (3.8-cm- long or smaller) tropical and subtropical stenothermic finfish, for which the lower lethal temperature range is above 4C. Because of surface-to-volume consider- ations, use of this method is not appropriate for other medium to large-bodied finfish until additional data for those species become available.
That'd be a tang under 1.5 inches I guess. The link CHSUB posted said you could use it for up to two inches. I can't tell how big OP's fish is

stingeragent
09/14/2015, 07:15 PM
68 temp seems low to me

billsreef
09/14/2015, 07:26 PM
68 temp seems low to me
You are correct. 68 is low. For tropical fish I would consider 74 the lower limit for long-term.
Thats good to know, the above link that is claimed to list ice water as ok explicitly limits it to fish under 2 inches. Would you say smaller fish could go a little bigger? Hard to tell how big OPs tang is, hate to see him follow the wrong expert and wind up just having it suffer more. Maybe you'd just need more ice idk
I have been involved in some (unpublished) research that showed fish up to about 12" exhibited results simular to to the 2" for dedicated tropical fish.

Bent
09/14/2015, 07:46 PM
Dude,

Not sure what your problem is but I've been trying to resolve this issue for a while. I'm sorry we can't all be experts like you... NOT! So if you don't have anything worth while to say I'd appreciate it if you just stay out of this thread. That being said the tank is 75 gallons that's been running for three years. Water changes every two weeks. last temp was 68 degrees. Using Carbon filter through a reactor. Chemical levels will have to be taken Last phosphate reading was .34 which is high. Everything else was within reason. Have Protein skimmer

Dude. I'm pretty anti-confrontational on the Internet, but I have to say something about this.

You need to check yourself homie. The member you just hurled insults at is an established member of this community, and is a very good source to help you figure out what went wrong, and how to prevent it next time.

Yes, you got scolded a tad. None of it was rude or out of line. You posted a picture of a fish that looks as though it was dug out of the toilet, or ran over by a lawn mower, then post ZERO pertinent information (or any at all) to allow anyone to give you any kind of intelligent answer. What exactly did you expect?

It's for this reason, that I'm placing you on an ignore list, and will not be following this thread or any of your future threads. I cannot stand someone who just spits fire at people without thinking about their own contributions to the illicited response.

While you may be a fine person, your conduct and mind set in this response does you no favors. I hope you can adjust your attitude so you can grow as a hobbiest, and I wish you the best of luck in the future and I am truly sorry for the loss of your fish and your struggles.

Good luck.
Ben

GroktheCube
09/14/2015, 07:49 PM
Dude,

As others have said, I'd euthanize it.

I can't even tell if that's a protozoan infection like velvet, a bacterial infection, or both, but your odds of pulling that fish through are pretty low IMHO. You could try some sort of broad-spectrum antibiotic in addition to chloroquine or cupramine (in a HT obviously), but I doubt that would do too much at this point.

I'm not sure if 68* is a typo, but if not, that's about 10 degrees too cold.

I think it might benefit you to do a little more reading on fish husbandry. A Yellow tang and a Hippo tang in a 75 is a recipe for disaster. The tank is too small for either on their own (MUCH too small for Hippo tang), much less the two of them together.

stingeragent
09/14/2015, 08:08 PM
I'd go 98% chance that fish won't make it. That's honestly the worst looking fish I think I have ever seen that is somehow still alive. If by some miracle it did survive, all that growth on and around the eyes will probably be permanent damage. I'd pull it if it was me, or if you have a QT pull it and put it in that and medicate, but it honestly looks waaaaay too far gone at this point.

Edit: Not to flame, but you should have been posting this to the disease forum weeks ago. Waiting until the fish looks like something out of the walking dead is kind of a moot point.

randomfishguy85
09/14/2015, 08:19 PM
Am i the only one who sees a fish that is just really beat up and wont make it. I know everyone is saying this issue or that issue, but isnt the problem the yellow tang it resides with. When i used to keep central american cichlids, a beat up fish would look shredded the exact same way. It would get cloudy eyes the same way. The op did say the two tangs were at odds.

billsreef
09/14/2015, 08:28 PM
There are multiple disease issues going on. The damage in evidence is far more than just two tangs not getting along.

CStrickland
09/14/2015, 08:35 PM
That white patch across the side is just bare flesh without skin on it right?
man that's gotta hurt

shifty51008
09/14/2015, 08:42 PM
That white patch across the side is just bare flesh without skin on it right?
man that's gotta hurt

That is just the blue section inbetween the black markings but have lost most of the skin and color like it's belly

billsreef
09/14/2015, 09:09 PM
At a minimum, severe HLLE and secondary bacterial infection.

slief
09/14/2015, 10:24 PM
Dude,

Sadly, I think this was unavoidable. First the tank size is an issue as a 75 gallon tank is too small for that fish. Worse though is the tank temp.. If your tank was in fact 68 and that wasn't a typo, that is way too low for that fish and that could have stressed it to the point of where it is now.. Sadly, I really don't think there is any saving this fish. At least not in your system if what you say is correct. Hippo tangs are very susceptible to ich and other diseases and if your temps are not inline or swing too quickly, you will have a very sick fish who will likely infect ever other fish in your tank. They are also very active swimmers and need much more space. Without enough space (75 gallons isn't enough) they will get stressed to the point that they become sick or infected with ich. Also, a yellow tang and hippo tang in a tank that size is also a recipe for disaster too as they both can be agressive. In a small tank, that too causes stress that will result in illness.

If I were in your shoes, I'd get ask your local fish store if they would be willing to take all of your fish so you could go fallow for a few months. Rest assured you have ich in your system and the only way to eliminate it will be going fishless for a few months or so. Then properly quarantine any new fish before putting them in your system. Lastly, avoid hippo tangs and most other tangs in your tank. You are asking for trouble and hippos are among the worst offenders when it comes to tangs.

lllesley
09/15/2015, 04:43 AM
I sometimes wish there was a cruelty to animal society for fish in this type of situation.
That has not happened over a couple of weeks its happened over a long extended period of time.
We remove these stunning beautiful creatures from their ocean and we as responsible keepers must be responsible for these amazing animals not just surviving in our tanks but thriving !!!
So so sad !

g_langley
09/15/2015, 05:25 AM
I sometimes wish there was a cruelty to animal society for fish in this type of situation.
That has not happened over a couple of weeks its happened over a long extended period of time.
We remove these stunning beautiful creatures from their ocean and we as responsible keepers must be responsible for these amazing animals not just surviving in our tanks but thriving !!!
So so sad !

I could not agree more.

oseymour
09/15/2015, 06:23 AM
That fish is beyond saving and keeping him in that tank is endangering all the other fish in it.

And when you say him and the yellow tang haven't been getting along that looks like straight up war.

Slim_okrug
09/15/2015, 08:43 AM
Looking at that picture i am muted. Never saw that kind of tissue destroyed. Have hippo and yellow in 180 without problems. In my opinion take it out and qt it. Give it a proper medics and be nice to him. Damn i still cant belive those pictures looks like it fall out of blender.

Good luck.

hotelbravo
09/15/2015, 08:50 AM
This is very very wrong. On so many levels. I hope the OP comes back and explains some things.

BrandonFlorida
09/15/2015, 08:57 AM
This is very very wrong. On so many levels. I hope the OP comes back and explains some things.

I hope to OP tears down his tank... This is sad. I do wish we could report people who obviously have no clue what they are doing..

g_langley
09/15/2015, 09:03 AM
I hope to OP tears down his tank... This is sad. I do wish we could report people who obviously have no clue what they are doing..

And NEVER returns to the hobby. End of.

karimwassef
09/15/2015, 09:07 AM
Let's not gang up on the poor OP. There's probably a lot more backstory.

I guess I just wouldn't judge based on one piece of data, regardless of how bad it is.

:)

g_langley
09/15/2015, 09:12 AM
I have no sympathy for the OP. Just look at that fish again if you can bear it.

The other day I read on here that someone caught a clownfish with a fishing line and hook. This type of thing bothers me a lot, it's cruelty.

billdogg
09/15/2015, 09:13 AM

And NEVER returns to the hobby. End of.

I disagree with this^^^

Way back in the day (mid 80's, FWIW) I made pretty much every mistake there is to be made in this hobby, and sadly, the creatures paid a higher price than me for my lack of knowledge. Had I given up then, I would have missed out on a whole world of learning opportunities. Instead, I persevered, and learned from my mistakes. I'm quite certain i have plenty more mistakes to make. Certainly, if the internet and forums like this one had been available back then I could probably have avoided many of them, but Al Gore hadn't invented it yet:spin3:

I hope that the OP will pay attention to what some of us are trying to help him learn and can therefore do better in the future.

ca1ore
09/15/2015, 09:14 AM
At a minimum, severe HLLE and secondary bacterial infection.

My initial thoughts as well. That the OP has been trying to resolve the issue for a while suggests that its not brook or velvet, and probably not ich.

BTW, just as general observation. I do find the 'holier than thou' mentality that pervades many of these kinds of threads a bit hypocritical. Though only a few posts does not necessarily mean the OP is a newbie to the hobby, his (or her?) comments certainly suggest that to be the case. I've been in the hobby almost 30 years, but back when I was new, I made some foolish choices as well (back then I got yelled at by a fellow fish keeper, rather than online 'strangers' :(). I'd argue that to be true for the vast majority of us; and anyone who claims otherwise is likely either being dishonest or has a poor memory. Taking this person out to the proverbial woodshed doesn't seem terribly constructive - just serves to guarantee he'll not be back here.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 09:41 AM
I do find the 'holier than thou' mentality that pervades many of these kinds of threads a bit hypocritical.

Me too. But for kind of a diff reason: I don't like it when the posts read like someone is posting to boost their own ego instead of help OP. Like, to show off how much they know (or think they know), or to pat themself on the back for being superior, or do a weird clique thing of vegans who never ate a fish stick or killed a goldfish. This is def the sickest fish I've ever seen, it's normal to feel a little superior but it isn't polite to let it show.

Canneddynomite
09/15/2015, 09:43 AM
Its a troll thread, My fish has a "cloudy eye" and and skin issues.... yea....the fish has almost no eye and looks like as Bent suggested, a lawn mower hit it. No one would be so blatantly ignorant to let a fish get to that point unless they were under the age of 10. Which I guess could be possible but Im leaning towards a troll thread with a picture of a fish someone found online.

KStatefan
09/15/2015, 09:43 AM
My initial thoughts as well. That the OP has been trying to resolve the issue for a while suggests that its not brook or velvet, and probably not ich.

BTW, just as general observation. I do find the 'holier than thou' mentality that pervades many of these kinds of threads a bit hypocritical. Though only a few posts does not necessarily mean the OP is a newbie to the hobby, his (or her?) comments certainly suggest that to be the case. I've been in the hobby almost 30 years, but back when I was new, I made some foolish choices as well (back then I got yelled at by a fellow fish keeper, rather than online 'strangers' :(). I'd argue that to be true for the vast majority of us; and anyone who claims otherwise is likely either being dishonest or has a poor memory. Taking this person out to the proverbial woodshed doesn't seem terribly constructive - just serves to guarantee he'll not be back here.

You are not the only one with that observation.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 09:52 AM
picture of a fish someone found online.

That was my first thought, I did a reserve image search and it didn't show up. There's prolly more tanks like this we don't ever see cause people are embarrassed to ask once it's this bad.

ca1ore
09/15/2015, 09:56 AM
Its a troll thread, My fish has a "cloudy eye" and and skin issues.... yea....the fish has almost no eye and looks like as Bent suggested, a lawn mower hit it. No one would be so blatantly ignorant to let a fish get to that point unless they were under the age of 10. Which I guess could be possible but Im leaning towards a troll thread with a picture of a fish someone found online.

Anything's possible - but I don't think so. Next time you are in a restaurant (or mall) that has a fish tank, check out the fish. Maybe not quite as bad as here, but I've seen more than a few (advanced HLLE with secondary bacterial infections) that looked like death warmed over.

BrandonFlorida
09/15/2015, 09:57 AM
I disagree with this^^^

Way back in the day (mid 80's, FWIW) I made pretty much every mistake there is to be made in this hobby, and sadly, the creatures paid a higher price than me for my lack of knowledge. Had I given up then, I would have missed out on a whole world of learning opportunities. Instead, I persevered, and learned from my mistakes. I'm quite certain i have plenty more mistakes to make. Certainly, if the internet and forums like this one had been available back then I could probably have avoided many of them, but Al Gore hadn't invented it yet:spin3:

I hope that the OP will pay attention to what some of us are trying to help him learn and can therefore do better in the future.

So say this was a dog and he wanted to know why the dog looked almost dead and in pain, would you feel the same way? I mean it is his first dog.. I am sure anyone that saw a dog in this condition would call someone to rescue this poor dog..

I just don't get that logic. All animals to me, fish, dog, or other is something that deserves to be treated with love and respect and needs to be researched. This is not the 80s, this is the day in age where information is available at a keystroke. This guy should put the tank for sale, and start researching and figuring out the best plan for whatever animal he would like to keep and do a tank at a later date.

billsreef
09/15/2015, 10:19 AM
Let's not gang up on the poor OP. There's probably a lot more backstory.

I guess I just wouldn't judge based on one piece of data, regardless of how bad it is.

:)

I disagree with this^^^

Some good points by some knowledgeable veterans of RC and the hobby.

Also it seems another reminder is in order....

[flamealert]

CaminDFW2
09/15/2015, 11:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing.. I mean Hippa Tang... Not even a typo you can make..

I would advise that the mods close/delete this thread. If this is a "true" issue, the only resolution is death.. of the fish and of this posting..

DasCamel
09/15/2015, 12:02 PM
Troll or not the OP prolly ran away from thread ASAP.

Regarding killing a fish humanely, as long as it's quick does it really matter? The ice bath would be easy, fish would be numb within seconds and effectively dead under 30 seconds.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 12:12 PM
Regarding killing a fish humanely, as long as it's quick does it really matter? The ice bath would be easy, fish would be numb within seconds and effectively dead under 30 seconds.

I think it's alot about the owner's feelings too, they might thrash around like when you do a freshwater dip? There's another way listed in the Vet Guide called a "macerator" that sounds like a its a fancy blender. There's a note to the effect that - while done correctly macerator death is instantaneous, and therefore not painful, many practitioners find the procedure disturbing. :facepalm: eww.

I would imaging that clove oil is like going to sleep gently. But I was just harping on it before to correct the false info that was being spread.

billsreef
09/15/2015, 12:36 PM
I think it's alot about the owner's feelings too, they might thrash around like when you do a freshwater dip? There's another way listed in the Vet Guide called a "macerator" that sounds like a its a fancy blender. There's a note to the effect that - while done correctly macerator death is instantaneous, and therefore not painful, many practitioners find the procedure disturbing. :facepalm: eww.

I would imaging that clove oil is like going to sleep gently. But I was just harping on it before to correct the false info that was being spread.

With the ice water slurry (assuming your icing down SW and not dumping them into straight FW icewater) they actually seem to react less then they do to either clove oil or MS-222. As for the macerator, yes, that is exactly what it sounds like. I've never used that particular method, so no first hand observations of it.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 12:38 PM
With the ice water slurry (assuming your icing down SW and not dumping them into straight FW icewater) they actually seem to react less then they do to either clove oil or MS-222. As for the macerator, yes, that is exactly what it sounds like. I've never used that particular method, so no first hand observations of it.

oh duh, iced salt water lol, :debi:

billsreef
09/15/2015, 12:41 PM
oh duh, iced salt water lol, :debi:

Yup. Unless of course your working with fresh water fish :D

Shawn O
09/15/2015, 12:51 PM
Heck, hitting it in the head with a club would be merciful at this point. The original post made me think that if this one fish was this bad off the rest of the fish aren't too far behind and probably too far gone.

Then again, this image came to mind, as well.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/asfix/repository//8a25c3920e5857a1010e585b61da0001/ad_ep001_12.jpg

CaminDFW2
09/15/2015, 01:02 PM
A little off topic (not that it matters at this point)..I have had to euthanize one fish (caught badly in an MP10).. I used room temperature vodka.. There was zero thrashing.. That is what I have always done.. As I drink Goose.. The fish went out in style..

3dees
09/15/2015, 01:08 PM
really, is this the only person to put the wrong fish in the wrong size tank? it's a mistake that hopefully he will learn from, although I would like to know his reasoning for the temp. as for the fish, it's done for. I'll probably get flamed, but c'mon, it's a fish. take it out, lay it down, take a knife and cut behind the gills. quick and clean. it's not like putting your dog down.

Bent
09/15/2015, 01:08 PM
Why would a knife and a hammer be bad? That's how I've always offed my catches rather than gutting them alive which I never have the heart to do.

Lay it down, hold the knife to it behind the gills, hammer down fast and hard. The Head comes clean off.

I know I said I wasn't following the thread, but since the OP is gone and we are talking about a different subject. I came back.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 01:18 PM
yeah, I used to get teased when I worked in restaurants for bashing a knife into the lobster's face before I boiled it. Same idea, also they're supposed to taste better if they aren't panicked when they die. *shrugs*
I think you are supposed to hit the brain though instead of just decapitating. Check out Mike the headless chicken :0
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies/meet-miracle-mike-the-chicken-who-lived-for-18-months-without-his-head/

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 01:18 PM
double post. bad phone

Shawn O
09/15/2015, 01:33 PM
As a teenager I used to work in a seafood restaurant making the baked, stuffed lobster. We killed them by shoving the point of a butcher knife into the spot between the tail and abdomen and then bringing the handle down, cutting through the body/head. Spin it around and do the same to the tail. Split the whole thing down the middle by grasping it tightly, using thumbs to pull the body apart while pushing upward in the center of the back with the finger tips (I hope that made sense). CRACK! At that point I'd use my fingers to rip out all of the guts. Fill the body cavity and tail with a bread crumb mixture and drown with melted butter. Not really a fun job but we got free chicken fingers and soda. 0.o

anthonys51
09/15/2015, 01:48 PM
why do we really care. its a fish. fillet it and cook it

DopeCantWin
09/15/2015, 01:49 PM
This has been the creepiest thread I've seen ever on this site. It should have stopped and been closed around page 1.

Bent
09/15/2015, 02:09 PM
yeah, I used to get teased when I worked in restaurants for bashing a knife into the lobster's face before I boiled it. Same idea, also they're supposed to taste better if they aren't panicked when they die. *shrugs*
I think you are supposed to hit the brain though instead of just decapitating. Check out Mike the headless chicken :0
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies/meet-miracle-mike-the-chicken-who-lived-for-18-months-without-his-head/

Oh yeah man. Lots of the bird flapping and running is supposedly nerve activity only from what I've been told.

I have decapitated many types of birds in my day and all of them flap and try to run with no head. Turkeys, geese, chicken, ducks, all of them.

Nina51
09/15/2015, 02:09 PM
This has been the creepiest thread I've seen ever on this site. It should have stopped and been closed around page 1.

my thoughts as i read through this. my first thought was, how is this fish still alive?? very sad.

CStrickland
09/15/2015, 02:13 PM
Oh yeah man. Lots of the bird flapping and running is supposedly nerve activity only from what I've been told.

I have decapitated many types of birds in my day and all of them flap and try to run with no head. Turkeys, geese, chicken, ducks, all of them.

I guess their brains are kinda spread out down the neck a little so it's easy to leave some behind?
Mike joined the circus and "lived" for 18 months

Sugar Magnolia
09/15/2015, 03:25 PM
Done and closed.