PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Sun Kor 5th Doser owner reviews

BlackTip
09/15/2015, 11:22 AM
I am considering Kor 5th Doser.

For owners, how reliable has it been? Are you happy with it? any problems at all? How about support?

Thanks,

wcharon
09/15/2015, 12:33 PM
For me it has been great for 6 months. Also ATO working excellent.

Support has been top notch but they are not in ReefCentral any more so have to contact them thru Pacificsun directly.

Hope that helps.

BlackTip
09/16/2015, 08:31 AM
Anybody else is using this doser?

ghostman
09/16/2015, 09:04 AM
I like mine as well. It's been stable and accurate, no issues. I use the Mac software, and have been happy with it so far. Pacific Sun software takes a little getting used to, but after a day or so, it's easy and works well for me.

andrek787
09/18/2015, 01:17 PM
I love mine. Now I just need a pacific sun light fixture to go with it....

ViktorVaughn
09/18/2015, 07:18 PM
Mine has dosed with accuracy for over a year now and I've been using the ATO for about 9 months which works great as well. I haven't needed to contact them for support but their replies were always fast when they were sponsors and seemed very helpful, I don't see direct support changing that.

fisheye1
11/21/2015, 08:20 AM
i've had the doser for more than a year. the software is now a bit better and more reliable, it does what its suppose to do. having the mac software is nice to, bluetooth device connect somethings needs to be reset or rebooted. the ATO works too, but the pump is rubbish, has no head pressure to lift water beyond the height of your ATO pump. It feels as cheap as it works, a shame as i expect a quality pump for a quality doser. I just bought a replacement pump thinking I wore mine out, but it has the same problem, i need to push the water a meter above the ato tank, doesn't cope at all

Syntax1325
11/21/2015, 08:33 AM
I'm using the doser as well but not the ATO yet. For the past 6 months it has been working well for me. Programming is easy and it seems to have a high degree of accuracy. Calibrating the doser is easy but it takes some getting used to... you need to anticipate the cut off point a little or it's easy to over shoot the 10ml line during the process. I like the functionality that allows dosing alk 144 times a day. The drop doser is worth the extra cost. The unit is built very well, nice powder coated metal of some sort and can be mounted vertically or horizontally with ease. I purchased the pro during a sale and saved $100.00, a great value and made the doser an easy decision compared to the other high end units out there especially with the added functionality of an ato.