PDA

View Full Version : RODI unit choice and filters opinion

alisa1965
09/17/2015, 03:35 PM
I have plans on buying a used RODI. I have 90 gallon tank. I will need a booster which I will buy new and it will be the 8800. My question is the types of RODI systems. One is an aquasafe 5 stage, tds and pressure gauge. I wanted a clear housing and the guy that I am purchasing it from states he has extra housings that will fit. I told him I wanted good quality filters and was told the BRS filters will work in the aquasafe. This sounds pretty good since he is located in my home town. $75 buys it. I can get an 8800 off ebay for around $90. The other place in Ohio has a BRS 4 stage, pressure gauge, 75gpd, same as the other one, and same price. Yes, I would need to change the filters. I need to know which filters to replace as some DI are refillable. Not a lot of rust in my water, running a well. I know BRS is good, but also was told aquasafe is good. Really, if I can just use BRS filters in the aquasafe, why not go with this one? Opinions?

Vinny Kreyling
09/17/2015, 04:46 PM
As far as filters go Spectrapure is where I buy mine.
With a well you have to watch for CO 2 in the water, I believe it will burn up DI filters real quick.
There are 3 sponsors of RO units on RC and any one would be able to help out.
Buckeye Hydro -- The Filter Guys & Spectrapure.
Filters are interchangeable between units, membranes are also but if you change the gallon rating you will need a new flow restrictor.