PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Osmosis Stand DIY?

AnayaReef
09/18/2015, 10:24 AM
Has anyone built a stand for your Reverse Osmosis system so that you can move it around? I used to have it mounted in my old house on the wall by my utility sink, but since I moved and am renting, I would prefer to build a stand for it that would allow me to roll it outside to the hose (I have no utility sink anymore :sad2: ).

Just wondering if anyone has done something like this already and has experience or if I should just dive in and figure it out :)

I thought about making a hook or hanging apparatus that I could just hang on my hand truck and roll out there and stand while in use.....

Thanks!
:thumbsup:

Shawn O
09/19/2015, 12:20 PM
You could make one out of pvc pretty easily. Check out Formufit (http://www.formufit.com/free-pvc-projects-plans/) for some ideas and plans.

Windy2
09/19/2015, 01:47 PM
How do you store your water and how much are you making at a time? Do you have to run a hose back inside the house?

AnayaReef
09/21/2015, 07:20 AM
Shawn - I was thinking about using PVC to make a frame....thanks for that site.

Windy2 - I am making as needed in 5 gallon buckets. Not setup for storage yet and I'm only working with a 37gallon with a 10 gallon sump for the time being. Forcing myself to keep it small and under control because I plan on moving in 8 months.