PDA

View Full Version : New marine tank 6ft+

Sean0711
09/21/2015, 01:52 PM
Hi Guys,

i have had a marine tank for about 18 months now and am loving itI am moving into my first home now and am looking to upgrade the current 4ft tank I have into a 6ft tank but cant find any where i can buy a marine set up of this size the best i can come across is 5ft x 2ft x 2ft im after something around the 6ft long by about 2 ft wide and 2 1/2 to 3 ft high. is there any websites or companies people can suggest for a tank this size? (I'm in the UK btw)

thanks in advance!

Sean.

Yash
09/21/2015, 02:17 PM
In the left pane mouse over aquariums and it will show you 72" tanks from various manufacturers. Deep Sea Aquatics and Red Sea Reefers are two that I have been eyeing.

http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/aquariums.html

Edit: Just saw you were in the UK so the above link won't help you. Just google 72" reef tank or something similar and you should get some hits. I'm sure your LFS will be able to help you find one as well.

Sean0711
09/21/2015, 02:39 PM
thanks for trying Yash, i have googled so many different ways and it all comes back to USA websites or a couple of 6ft tropical tanks which means no sump! i have asked in my LFS and they are looking into but i have read some reviews on a company that one of there other customers used and am not to impressed.

andrek787
09/21/2015, 04:35 PM
1. ELOS is on your side of the pond and they do custom tanks, but they are very expensive.

2. If you can find a 6' tropical tank you can use a hang-on back overflow box or drill it for a overflow box on the backwall. There are lots of options there. That would probably the cheapest.

Tanks get shipped internationally all the time. SCAquariums ship aquariums directly to customers and they have a 6' x 2' x 2.5' 240 gallon eurobraced starphire tank for $3500. It won't be cheap but they should be able to arrange shipping to your nearest freight terminal.

ViktorVaughn
09/21/2015, 05:31 PM
Ask around on some UK members build threads. There are quite a few stunning large reefs in the large tank sub forum from the UK so I'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction. One that comes to mind right away is Moser, his build thread and tank are amazing, probably my favorite tank I've seen.