PDA

View Full Version : Repair information?

davidfrances
09/22/2015, 07:14 PM
Logan:

I own eight (8) of your 24" Photon units (purchased in July 2013) and two (2) of your 32" Photons. I have been very happy with your lights, and recommend them often to my friends without reservation.

Unfortunately, yesterday the white channel on one of my 24" Photons failed. The white LED's do not light under any of the program options. The blue channel seems to work fine. I understand my unit is outside of warranty.

Do you offer a repair option, and if so, can you tell me the price and expected turnaround times?

Thank you in advance for your reply. Again, I am a big fan of your products, and have been very pleased with them.

David Frances

Reef_Breeders
09/22/2015, 07:44 PM
Hi David,

It sounds like it is likely a bad driver, to test this, you can swap the white driver for the blue driver and see if the whites turn on.

If you send us an email I can send a payment link for a new driver, they are $19.99 plus shipping past the warranty.

davidfrances
09/24/2015, 08:04 PM
Hi David,

It sounds like it is likely a bad driver, to test this, you can swap the white driver for the blue driver and see if the whites turn on.

If you send us an email I can send a payment link for a new driver, they are $19.99 plus shipping past the warranty.

Logan:

Thanks for the tip and sorry for the delay in my response. I was called out of town yesterday.

I swapped the drivers, and now neither the blue or the white channel turn on. The display seems to be working fine.

Any ideas?