PDA

View Full Version : Recent BTA split.

Aidenb
09/23/2015, 01:32 PM
I picked up a small GBTA from a friends that split and it is quick small and hasn't regenerated the tentacles on the split side yet. My question is it seems to have settled in a spot near the top under LEDs but is slightly shaded by a Xenia coral. Is it safe to assume that if its not receiving sufficient light it'll move to a brighter area?

Giovanni
09/23/2015, 02:27 PM
Usually they will move to better light if they need it.

Dkuhlmann
09/23/2015, 04:54 PM
Yes leave it be, it will move where its happiest. Oh and FYI they don't regenerate the tentacles they close back into a circle, right now they are a circle thats been cut in half so it will close up on that side and usually in a few hours

Aidenb
09/24/2015, 12:34 AM
Ok. Any idea why the tentacles on one half are so much smaller than the other side? I had assumed it was where it split off from the other but if they close back into a circle I'm not sure why it would have such tiny tentacles on half of it. Any ideas? They seem to be growing to normal proportion.

brewman1987
09/24/2015, 01:13 AM
It's probably using the available tissue to repair itself after splitting in half. Just give it time and wait.

Dkuhlmann
09/24/2015, 03:26 AM
If you look at a full sized bta you will see that some of the tentacles are shorter than others. What you are seeing is the difference more pronounced because it was split in half and healed back together. Imagine a full circle cut across the center diameter and then the circle closing from the two edges of the cut side. It will heal itself and be perfectly fine when healed which will only take a couple of days