PDA

View Full Version : 180 gallon stocking list

WahDi
09/25/2015, 03:20 PM
I am planing to upgrade from 75 gallon to 180 gallon 72x24x24 mix reef. Here is my planning live stock list:
Foxface lo (owned)
Anthias 5 different singles. (Currently owned bartllet, lyretail, dispar) (getting sunburst, borbonius)
Fairy wrasse 5 different singles. (Currently owned yellow, solon) (getting flame, orange-black, lineatus)
Pair of mocha ice snowflake clowns (owned)
2 blue reef chromis (owned)
Algae blenny (owned)
4 tangs (hippo/ naso/ purple/ powder blue)
3 triggerfish (niger/blue throat/red tail, or any peaceful reef safe suggestions)
Pair of bellus angelfish
Gold flake angelfish (i know hes not reef safe, but he is the reason this hobby got into me) it worths the risk for me.

What do you guys think? Is it too much for the tank?
My filtration is simple, mostly rely on skimmer and the fuge. No reactors (may I need one tho?). SRO 5000sss/3000sss (i can go up to bk supermarin 250 if i need to). 75 gallon refugium, 50 gallon sump with QT/frag built-in. Plus 30 gallon bi-weekly waterchange
Any suggestions or advices are appreciated
Thanks

deweyhowell
09/25/2015, 04:12 PM
4 Tangs, 3 triggers and 3 angels - plus all the rest ...

That is a lot of fish that would occupy similar environments and I think aggression will be very difficult to manage, not to mention the bio load.

I am in similar planning for the stocking of a new 180 Gal reef and I am only planning 2-3 larger fish (at most) complemented with a smaller selection of rock and sand dwellers.
Not saying it can't be done, but it seems like way too many to me.

Also with 3 triggers and the angels, you would probably be rather limited in the corals and inverts that would be safe to risk.

stingeragent
09/25/2015, 04:26 PM
NOt sure how similar red tail triggers are to pink tails, but my pink tail nipped at anything that was in the tank, be it food, a coral, a snail, etc. I like triggers but wouldn't put one in a reef.

WahDi
09/25/2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah. 4 tangs and 3 triggers are concerned me the most too. I was trying to throw out there to see if anyone is able to keep them. I may down to 1 trigger plus 2 tangs

BigBlueTang
09/25/2015, 11:49 PM
Yeah. 4 tangs and 3 triggers are concerned me the most too. I was trying to throw out there to see if anyone is able to keep them. I may down to 1 trigger plus 2 tangs

Okay this is my opinion after spending too much time on this forum

Any naso sp. will get too big for your tank, along with paracanthurus hepatus. As for triggers, I am a trigger nut, and I think a pair of bluethroats would look really good! Or crosshatches but you have to sell body parts for a pair of those... Good luck! Update once you choose.