PDA

View Full Version : Premium RODI and pressure question

GLN305
09/27/2015, 02:35 AM
I recently purchased the Premium RODI system and set it up and plumbed it according to the instructions. After everything was ready, I turned the water on and the pressure gauge on the RO canister only read 25PSI. Of course I was not getting any RODI water and tons of waste water. I did quite a bit of troubleshooting, but ended up installing a 1/4'' valve on the yellow drain line. Partially closed, that valve bring the pressure reading up to 45 PSI and I am now getting a decent volume of RODI water with 0 TDS. Reading your site, I see a capillary flow restriction insert that I did not see in my kit nor is there one installed in the non-valved line of my RO flush. I have your Premium RMAX75 system. Is what I am doing the right way to make this work or would one of the capillary restrictors make the most sense?

Thank you!

shifty51008
09/27/2015, 03:17 AM
Sounds like you need a booster pump. Do you know how much waste water to ro water your getting by reduceing the drain line? Take 5-6 glasses of equal size and see how many glasses of waste it takes to fill 1 glass of ro water

Id wait for russ to chime in first though

Buckeye Hydro
09/27/2015, 04:43 AM
GLN - Please call in when you are in front of your system - with about 30 seconds of troubleshooting we can get this figured out.

Thanks,
Emily

GLN305
09/27/2015, 05:58 PM
Called at 7pm this evening and spoke to a gentleman about my issue. I feel terrible that I can't recall his name, but the problem was located and was entirely my fault. System is working as it should now! Thanks, you guys rock!!

Buckeye Hydro
09/28/2015, 02:35 AM
Great! You have to love it when the solution is fast, free, and on a Sunday night!

GLN305
09/28/2015, 11:13 AM
Great! You have to love it when the solution is fast, free, and on a Sunday night!

Absolutely! I thought customer service was a thing of the past...not so much. You guys are what it's about!