PDA

View Full Version : Kaiden's Cardinal Fish

Koddie Doo
09/27/2015, 06:30 PM
What are your thoughts on this fish? My wife wants us to get a couple for fish tank but I am just not quite sure. they sure look funky:beachbum:

Dkuhlmann
09/27/2015, 06:37 PM
Which Cardinal? IMO they are very boring, don't do much but many people like them. Not a bad looking fish and they will breed in your aquarium, the male after fertilizing the eggs takes the eggs in his mouth until they are ready to release back into the water. The rest of the time when not breeding they just kind of hang out in the water column and do nothing

Koddie Doo
09/27/2015, 07:16 PM
Which Cardinal? IMO they are very boring, don't do much but many people like them. Not a bad looking fish and they will breed in your aquarium, the male after fertilizing the eggs takes the eggs in his mouth until they are ready to release back into the water. The rest of the time when not breeding they just kind of hang out in the water column and do nothing

Kaudern (spell check got me)

mpderksen
09/27/2015, 07:20 PM
I have 2 spotted/PJ cardinalfish out of 9 total in my 75. Yep, they don't "do" much but hang out, but fill in some areas, so I'm glad I've got them. They are not aggressive at ALL! My Kole chases the Foxface around, my Maroon Clown keeps her territory clear, the blue-green chromis and bartlett's seem to hang out together and my fairy wrasse goes solo. In general, they are carnivores that fill a niche in the tank.

Now that I checked the name, yes, I plan to get a single Kaudren for my 25...

shifty51008
09/27/2015, 08:45 PM
If you get some i would suggest getting only one unless you can find a m/f pair otherwise they will fight till your down to just 1

lespaul339
09/28/2015, 07:22 AM
I have one and I love it. They aren't very active fish but they are peaceful, beautiful, and kind of majestic looking the way they just hover. Pajama Cardinals are also beautiful fish. I would recommend both.

tc2007
09/28/2015, 08:30 AM
I have one and I love it. They aren't very active fish but they are peaceful, beautiful, and kind of majestic looking the way they just hover. Pajama Cardinals are also beautiful fish. I would recommend both.

I have both. I prefer the Banggai (Kaudern's) because it has a cooler shape. The problem with Pajama is that they loose color as they grow in size. Mine is much paler now then when I got it. Other than that no issues.

PS: I paid $7 for the Kaudern's Cardinal. Cheapest after the Chromis ($5). Before you buy it though, make sure it eats at the LFS. I had a few die on me before due to lack of eating. :(